Tennis elbow

cerneARB

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i split an awful lot by hand as im faster and the rubber didnt slide to well so may caused alot of undue pulling on joint, however it was mainly in woods when handling cord lengths on my own ,the rubber on palm helped my grip when was struggling so sort of gave me fake confidence when lifting instead of it just slipping out my hand and my grip failing itd grip the log and i could struggle on using the friction of the gloves to help me hold the wood longer overstressing my gripping muscles in forearm.I am no physio expert but thats my taking on it anyhow lol.

If the gloves increase your grip, that must then lead to increased force being transfered to you elbow.

definatly, ive damaged my wrist's too many times over the years, if i work for a day with orange 'grippy' gloves my forearms all swell up, wrist's ache like crazy!!

those gloves are fantastic bu you need to be aware of that extra strain.

• 7 months later...

I am just starting to suffer with it, off work today and i can't even butter toast thats how painful it is, climbed all day two days ago and was fine and then when i woke up following day the pain was intense, i know for a fact its due to using a prussik, its my right arm that i push the knot with. I need to try a new climbing set up/technique, any ideas?

thanks

i agree definitely get a pantin. Legs are stronger than arms. I've suffered/suffering with tennis elbow on and off for years a good chiropractor sorted mine out but I recommend getting a decent arm support. Use that and get it looked at at least you should be able to work.

• 1 year later...

Having been recently diagnosed with tennis elbow at the 'ripe' old age of 18 :thumbdown: my physiotherapist gave me one of these to help.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Physiomed-EPI-SPORT-CLASP-MEDIUM/dp/B0036QT5OM]EPI SPORT CLASP MEDIUM: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty[/ame]

I've only had this clasp for roughly 4 weeks but I can say that it has helped so far with the pain :thumbup1:

They recommended carrying on with working/using the elbow but if it flared bad to stop and go back them.

Regards Doug.