stopping your saw hitting the ground?

Stihlwatersrundeep

Reading this thread I know what you mean, but once you get into arboriculture you realise that there is so much to learn. Problem is few people realise that, anyone thinks they can do it, this can be frustrating when you have spent so much time learning new things every day. After all very few people would attempt to fit their own gas boiler yet many will prune their own trees, the levels of knowledge required to be a good tree surgeon are way higher than a CORGI fitter.

I think some of us guys are a bit up tight on this issue. BUT DONT GIVE UP. I would take common sense and farm type experience over colledge learning any day. The best person has both ( like me ) He he.

Go get you're ticket, make the most of the training and ask lots of questions, a good instructor will tell you all sorts of stuff which relates to other courses. Just dont ask it all on day one.

:icon14::congrats:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks skyhuck, but with all due respect I want to do the work myself, as you said someone who you knew had 17 yrs of experience, and he was still killed???

why can you work in the industry and i am being warned away?

I only went on this forum to get some advice and someone even said "whoooah woooah" stop there .

1. i'm not a horse and

2. I was only asking for some friendly advice....

I think it was summed up by someone earlier, the only advise people can give is the correct way of doing it, so many people have been killed.

If you were killed after taking the wrong advice from this forum, the forum users would have to live with that.

The only advise is not to try and do it and to wait do a short course on how to do it right or get someone trained to show you. :icon14:

:wave:Hey stihl i think what guys try to say but are abit retarded sometimes only kidding fellas.

Its hard to offer advice on doing something that could hurt you.

All i would say is take your time if your not 100percent leave it.

But if you feel up to the tasks it your choice just make sure someone is with you incase.

Dont be put off just know the risks thing is you only learn most of the dangers by doing the job everyday. :wave:

Thanks skyhuck, but with all due respect I want to do the work myself, as you said someone who you knew had 17 yrs of experience, and he was still killed???

I only went on this forum to get some advice and someone even said "whoooah woooah" stop there .

1. i'm not a horse and

I don't think any of use think we are any smarter than you,but its hard to give advice without worrying that we might be encouraging some one to do something that could get them hurt or worse,so we all tend to be a bit cagey.

I was not surgesting you pay some one to do the work just give you a hand,i would be much happier about giving advice face to face where i can show them what i mean and know i won't be misunderstood :icon14:

1. i'm not a horse and

It is nice that u are interested and want to learn etc etc but where you said "I want to do the work myself" this is wrong....there should always be two people when using chainsaws...especially in woods and especially on windfallen trees....not only that but its also good to know the map co-ordinates for the wood you're working/nearest major road etc etc incase there is an accident...also if you did get hurt you would need someone to call for help

I can get some pics this weekend and as i said earlier on in the thread i was going to have the farmer with me so i would not be on my own. leaners would be left well alone and the fallen trees would be lifted by the farmer to be chainsawed one at a time.

If you think I should get my 30 and 31 before even lifting a chainsaw i would value your advice.

I can get some pics this weekend and as i said earlier on in the thread i was going to have the farmer with me so i would not be on my own. leaners would be left well alone and the fallen trees would be lifted by the farmer to be chainsawed one at a time.

If you think I should get my 30 and 31 before even lifting a chainsaw i would value your advice.

You do not need 30 31 to use a saw bloody hell you can get mr numpty from numpty street go into b&q and buy a saw no probs.

If your doing some trees dont waste 700quid