Some Tree Surgeons Suck.........

Vespasian

4 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Here's on of a gardener I was parked next to today, they wonder why things get nicked, I was there 10-15 minutes and didn't see anyone. Zoom in you can see the Stihl blower, you can't see the stimmer, but...

IMG_1700.JPG

Yea, I've had a few things nicked by having a similar set up in the past..   I went back to a panel van..

got a near brand new hedge cutter nicked out the back of that last year, . now I make a habit of going round locking all the doors at every job..  thieving bastards...

I swear every time I have to trouble myself by locking the doors I think of that hedgecutter and what I would of done to the thief had I caught him red handed...    

of all the criminals out there, I have a special hatred for thieves..  hang em from lamp posts is what I'd be doin if I had my way.... 

1 hour ago, Vespasian said:

I'm sure they were asked to cut back the conifers..   by that it must of been assumed to cut back the hedge.. all of it..   one small tree in the middle one taller one at the end..   all part and parcel of the hedge..

I'm sure they knew what they were doing when they refused to do any of the tree's within the hedge..  

attempting get away with not doing a full job for the money they were paid..   

it isn't that they were giving away freebee's, but stealing money off the customer and doing a shody job..   

The key word there you used is "Assumed"! what were to happen if you "assumed" their rose bushes needed clipped back and you done it but the customer wasn't happy? I know if you have a (good) reputation it would be dragged through the sewers NEVER "assume" anything get it in black or white or it isn't getting done!! You call them scumbags cowboys ect to me there a team of lads who quoted a job done a good job by your admission and because they never chucked a freebie in all of a sudden there cowboys 

If the customer isn't happy tell them to phone the contractor who carried out the work and tell them not everyone else bar them!!! 

Jack 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

The key word there you used is "Assumed"! what were to happen if you "assumed" their rose bushes needed clipped back and you done it but the customer wasn't happy? I know if you have a (good) reputation it would be dragged through the sewers NEVER "assume" anything get it in black or white or it isn't getting done!! You call them scumbags cowboys ect to me there a team of lads who quoted a job done a good job by your admission and because they never chucked a freebie in all of a sudden there cowboys 

If the customer isn't happy tell them to phone the contractor who carried out the work and tell them not everyone else bar them!!! 

Jack 

Its not a tree twenty ft from the job they did, its part of the hedge they were doing..   what part of that don't you understand..    

If I asked someone to tidy up an hedge with three different species in it, would you tidy up two species but not the third?...      

and this attitude gets on my nerves as well..  theres a rose bush in the hedge, can you cut it back why you're there??... no love, we quoted for the 500 quid reduction not the rose bush removal..  talk about a crappy attitude to doin a job..   

As it is its just a small domestic job, but if I ever employed anyone with that attitude and found em out, they'd be booted off the job before their feet touched the ground..   

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MattyF said:

So you did it for a cup of tea and a chat ? If so you are indeed a mug.

As it happens I haven't done it yet, only just talked to her today..  I'll go round when I've got a minute..

take me two minutes to do the job as well..   lives two minutes from were I live so it ain't gonna cost me nothin..   

3 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Its not a tree twenty ft from the job they did, its part of the hedge they were doing..   what part of that don't you understand..    

If I asked someone to tidy up an hedge with three different species in it, would you tidy up two species but not the third?...      

and this attitude gets on my nerves as well..  theres a rose bush in the hedge, can you cut it back why you're there??... no love, we quoted for the 500 quid reduction not the rose bush removal..  talk about a crappy attitude to doin a job..   

As it is its just a small domestic job, but if I ever employed anyone with that attitude and found em out, they'd be booted off the job before their feet touched the ground..   

If your first post is to be believed the company were in there to sort a conifer hedge, nothing more, nothing less. You've stated they did a good job of that. If I get a domestic blocked drain and the customer wants a camera survey I'll camera the section of drain blocked, if they want the rest of their drains checking they'll pay for it.

1 minute ago, Vespasian said:

Tbh you have asked our opinions we have gave them any your answer is wright and all ours are wrong all of us successful buisness owners know that there is nothing more expensive than time if they want a extra 5 mins charge for it if you go to a solicitor and they charge £200 pH and I'm there 3hr 4 mins will they charge me £600 or £800 I can guarantee its the £800 we are NOT a charity and its folk who give freebies away who make this dying industry even harder any Tom dick or Harry can cut grass and say chuck some horse shite down but it's the professionals who advise how to properly maintain a manicured lawn and different soil types and even different blends of grass try buying that experience from B&Q or argos!!! Does my absolute F*****g head in when customers expect things to be done for free "oh well since your here you couldn't just" no I can't I can give you a price that's it 

Jack

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vespasian said:

As it happens I haven't done it yet, only just talked to her today..  I'll go round when I've got a minute..

take me two minutes to do the job as well..   lives two minutes from were I live so it ain't gonna cost me nothin..   

You'll be able to post some pictures of the job before, and after then. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1