occupational health of arb

westphalian

I'm occ health trained and came across this

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/235759351_Occupational_Stress_Impact_on_Mental_Health_Status_of_Forest_Workers

basically, mentally fit bunch despite the physical risks

also came across this

https://www.martek-marine.com/blog/mental-health-problems-at-sea-a-storm-is-brewing/

bunch of lunes that spend their time slagging off people apparently.

amazing what you learn

• Haha 1

I’m a bit tired of the mental health schizzle to be honest, every celebrity has to have had a bit of an episode to relate to the Sunday supplements. Kiera Knightley talked about her PTSD recently.

Can you imagine what these migrants think, they walk away from whatever war zone/shithole they come from, take months to cross a continent, escape from slave traders then climb on board an overloaded boat to get to Europe where they live in camps for God knows how long. Bet they find our mental health problems absolutely hilarious.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Woman on the tv this morning, claims her and her neighbours have PTSD caused by there homes being flooded, like three feet of water flooded.

We live in the time of the "victim". People don't just get on with stuff, they wallow in self pity and expect the state to help them get over every one of life problems.

• Like 8

Mental health issues are a bastard, I've had a couple of goes at depression, and anxiety, it's fecking crippling, a very dark place to be. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I don't expect anything off anyone and never have done. Unless you've ever suffered it you haven't got a clue what you are talking about, before it happened to me I was a, get a grip of yourself, man up sort of bloke, it ain't that easy, but it's passed and I hope to never go there again.

• Like 20

i'm still a "get a grip of yourself" bloke even though i've just come off a 2 and a half year stint of successful antidepressants. obviously anybody else who had had my worries over my cat's alopecia would have topped themselves.

Good on you Eggs. men in general need to bring this stuff from under the carpet rather than bottle it up. just don't bring it up in the pub coz that's a right buzz kill

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, westphalian said:

i'm still a "get a grip of yourself" bloke even though i've just come off a 2 and a half year stint of successful antidepressants. obviously anybody else who had had my worries over my cat's alopecia would have topped themselves.

Good on you Eggs. men in general need to bring this stuff from under the carpet rather than bottle it up. just don't bring it up in the pub coz that's a right buzz kill

A cat with alopecia, I can see how that would have brought on mental health issues.

I did write on here about it when I was struggling this time a couple of years ago, I was surprised how many rough, tough tree surgeons had suffered.

• Like 1

I dont understand how people who have never suffered with mental health can comment saying "your just wallowing in self putty" or go for a walk and clear your head I agree with eggs mental health is a horrible horrible thing and it affects a lot of people and even leads to suicide in the worst of circumstances! Do people self harm just for fun then? I've lost a few friends to mental health and even cought family members trying to commit suicide! the looks on there faces doesn't look to say this is fun! it's normally a cry for help imagine being in a battle with your own mind trying to convince yourself that you do deserve to be on this planet and alive and breathing and that the world wouldn't be a better place without them! 

As for migrants finding our mental health situation hilarious maybe they should stop running away from there problems and stay and fight for their coutry

Can people with mental health just run away from their mind??? 

Jack 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

I dont understand how people who have never suffered with mental health can comment saying "your just wallowing in self putty" or go for a walk and clear your head I agree with eggs mental health is a horrible horrible thing and it affects a lot of people and even leads to suicide in the worst of circumstances! Do people self harm just for fun then? I've lost a few friends to mental health and even cought family members trying to commit suicide! the looks on there faces doesn't look to say this is fun! it's normally a cry for help imagine being in a battle with your own mind trying to convince yourself that you do deserve to be on this planet and alive and breathing and that the world wouldn't be a better place without them! 

As for migrants finding our mental health situation hilarious maybe they should stop running away from there problems and stay and fight for their coutry

Can people with mental health just run away from their mind??? 

Jack 

Oh the irony of those two contradictory paragraphs ???

• Like 1