Not me up there sadly but a lovely gdn that I’d did the fruit trees ! To old for that big stuff and lacked a good team and kit!

Mark2

ThanksD your a goodun 

yes I love it all here. I could keep going! Truth be told ! There’s more than one recipe to make a cake . And your welcome is warmly appreciated debates as this are very important ! And positive !  We can all learn !

And big respect to the giant climbers I will defend them, as I am one! And survived ! the best safety equipment is in side our head not out side!

Fair play to you Mark, if I ever make a 100 million tree fells and/or the ripe old age of 65 (and there's no expectation or desire for that since to do so would be a lamentable ecological cost to the nation - probably on both counts but more so the first since I might like to see 60 if not 65) but if I did, and after that I was STILL able to be so demonstrably excited over a routine task undertaken in what appears to be a fairly cavalier and sloppy fashion (noting that there wasn't a catastrophe, nobody got hurt and everyone got paid - which, I suppose, is a reasonable, if rather lame benchmark to aspire to) at the 100 million tree mark, I shall remind myself to think back to this thread and take an example from your unconstrained enthusiasm.

Much like the pub, if someone spins a tall story there'll likely be a miserable bastard in the corner that calls BS! 

So here's the thing, and I stand to be corrected of course, but I don't think your grammar and presentation are that of a 65 year old with a life time of tree felling under his belt who has just suddenly taken to internet forums.  The image I have generated is closer to a much younger person, possibly new to the industry sector or aspiring to enter it with a propensity for over excitement whilst witnessing something for the first time.

Let's call it a poker game since I can't see your hand and you can't see mine.  If you've been in the game +/- 50 years you'll be able to name-drop quicker than those boys topped out that tree.  

Your call.....

• Like 2

Ha ha sweet, Kevin !

wow there’s a lot there! It’s easy to make an accusation and longer and harder to to defend ! Hell i’m jus sat here answering questions ! Phew where to start ! Firstly I did’nt know you could stack bs that high!

Let’s  do this step by step !

where the hell did you get the figure— ‘A hundred million’ from ? I think your credabilty fell at the first fence son.

37 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Fair play to you Mark, if I ever make a 100 million tree fells and/or the ripe old age of 65 (and there's no expectation or desire for that since to do so would be a lamentable ecological cost to the nation - probably on both counts but more so the first since I might like to see 60 if not 65) but if I did, and after that I was STILL able to be so demonstrably excited over a routine task undertaken in what appears to be a fairly cavalier and sloppy fashion (noting that there wasn't a catastrophe, nobody got hurt and everyone got paid - which, I suppose, is a reasonable, if rather lame benchmark to aspire to) at the 100 million tree mark, I shall remind myself to think back to this thread and take an example from your unconstrained enthusiasm.

Much like the pub, if someone spins a tall story there'll likely be a miserable bastard in the corner that calls BS! 

So here's the thing, and I stand to be corrected of course, but I don't think your grammar and presentation are that of a 65 year old with a life time of tree felling under his belt who has just suddenly taken to internet forums.  The image I have generated is closer to a much younger person, possibly new to the industry sector or aspiring to enter it with a propensity for over excitement whilst witnessing something for the first time.

Let's call it a poker game since I can't see your hand and you can't see mine.  If you've been in the game +/- 50 years you'll be able to name-drop quicker than those boys topped out that tree.  

Your call.....

I recon that is an astute call Kev !  I am just approaching 66 in 19 days and I don't even look up if someone is felling near me ( Knowing  I am out of range that is  )  It did not take long for the novelty of watching one hit the deck to weare off ! ?  

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I recon that is an astute call Kev !  I am just approaching 66 in 19 days and I don't even look up if someone is felling near me ( Knowing  I am out of range that is  )  It did not take long for the novelty of watching one hit the deck to ware off ! ?  

So what is required is a photocopy of his birth certificate authenticated by his solicitor

Edited by tree-fancier123
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mark2 said:

where the hell did you get the figure— ‘A hundred million’ from ? I think your credabilty fell at the first fence son.

It's called sarcasm and its derived from your previous posts.  Can't believe I'd have to explain that to a man of your experience and years.

I'm happy to fold, on a compassionate basis, if Dave's earlier diagnosis is accurate, otherwise cocker, I'll raise you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I recon that is an astute call Kev !  I am just approaching 66 in 19 days and I don't even look up if someone is felling near me ( Knowing  I am out of range that is  )  It did not take long for the novelty of watching one hit the deck to ware off ! ?  

Bloody hell Stubby, you're crashing my basis for questioning the age based on grammar!  "Wear off" - I'm gonna put that one down to alcohol though....  ??

Ok so well we all wait for kev to get back to us ! Explaining his hundred million trees! Bs

lets see what’s next  there.

next—- lamentable ecologically

clearly your not paying attention (dangerous in our game!)

dead Elm trees, forest thinings, dangerous amenitiey trees, and then let’s consider the amount we planted! I think I win that one ! Two nil 

6 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Bloody hell Stubby, you're crashing my basis for questioning the age based on grammar!  "Wear off" - I'm gonna put that one down to alcohol though....  ??

4 Stellas in and only one mistake !  Cut me some slake dude ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1