Not me up there sadly but a lovely gdn that I’d did the fruit trees ! To old for that big stuff and lacked a good team and kit!

Mark2

Yep Joe but Kev chainged that from tree work, to personal attacks, doubting my age and attempting to distory someone’s reputation!

he’s in the wrong!

he’s big with his mates around him.

i do the big one’s !

some valuable lessons to be had here ! If your going to dismantle a big one in a confined space ! Have a plan. Take it down section by section. Don’t get distracted. And when you’v dismantled it ! Be sure to clean up after ! Oh and if you find you’re losing your temper up there! come down straight away! That’s dangerous.

A come on lads I think everyone has made there point now and as been said we are on this site to more often then not give constructive criticism in the best way we can,some of us are more eloquent then others as is our spelling and gramma but I hate it when it starts getting personal.

This fella has posted a vid on here and ok it might not be a text book take down but as I said in my previous comment it all went well and obviously the client was happy,this chap has come on here and has defended his self and gave good reason as to why his mate did what he did,ok many of us would not have carried out that particular job in the same way and that’s fine and who’s to say that if any of us did that job in our own way and posted a vid I bet a pound to a pinch of salt some smart ass would say”ohh I wouldn’t have done it like that,and start picking the shit out of it.

Give this guy the benefit of the doubt and a little bit of respect for not hiding in the corner and facing and backing up his posting...just hope he doesn’t regret posting on Arbtalk and sticks around to join in future threads.

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 7

Kind of agree with huck I’m afraid .. I’m not sure how coming to the conclusion that was expertly rigged or cut has happened,in that vid we have a guy dropping stuff 2 metres or more negative rigging.. creating loads of unnecessary force on a already compromised tree also which is the best way to snap a rope , damage a block and strop..or rip out a stem I just didn’t get it sorry... every time I negative rig I make it an absolute priority to keep the block as close to the cut as possible to minimalise these forces..

Looks like he could not be bothered or could not tie it on higher to lesson those forces.. which one I don’t know.

Yeah I’m one of these who will pick things apart but I have seen and done snapped out rigging points, ropes and damaged blocks doing exactly that in the vid so I’m feel I can lay that opinion out to save save others from making the same mistakes which could be very costly to life and property and reputation.

• Like 4

Skyhuck

five shires is right ! Someone comes on this sight and gets attacked like that it’s disgrace full ! Expect where he says some of us are more elequint than others, you know, 

To any member who viewed this thread ! Particularly the last few pages, will clearly see just who are the pro’s and who are the bunch of ignorant low standard cowboys ! reduced to one word insults, compared to the guy on vid the names here are perminat and will be judged. Most of you have no self respect and before our eyes have brought this profession into disrispect. Don’t you dare critasise that vid ! With a few exceptions the names here aren’t fit to judge a video, a fellow tree surgeon, or even estimate a tree ! You think you know it all ! I’v forgotten more than you know!

my advice to you is don’t rush to past judgement  ! You make you selves look what you are fools !

• Haha 1