The Sheep gets its revenge

difflock

West of Scotland would be a much poorer place without the thousands of jobs created by fish farming and directly related industries.

What about the tourism industry from game fishing ? Hotels ,bnbs ghillies land owners are loosing out the industry in Scotland from it and a whole sea trout and wild salmon will be extinct ...Basically you have destroyed it in the past 30 years thanks to company’s like marine harvest who are not even Scottish..
All they have to do is contain the toxic sludge and most inhuman way of breeding fish possible.
I
  • Like 3

I don’t think there is a more crueler sport than rod fishing.

Hauling a fish by it’s mouth until it’s exhausted through the water then killing it with a sudden blow or getting a trophy pic or weight then releasing it back with obvious pain from the hook.

I’m not against it I just don’t like a favoured creature over another.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s not the hunting but firearms offences they have been reported for 
interesting to find out what 

It could be the variation on the individual weapons certification, my. 22 and .223 include humane killing of livestock its said the sheep were farm animals, my .17 hmr and .243 aren’t,that said their visiting yanks not sure how that would affect them.

20 minutes ago, Jcarbor said:

It could be the variation on the individual weapons certification, my. 22 and .223 include humane killing of livestock its said the sheep were farm animals, my .17 hmr and .243 aren’t,that said their visiting yanks not sure how that would affect them.

They would be using the own guns so no ticket as on import or using estate guns so not there problem

I don’t think there is a more crueler sport than rod fishing.
  Hauling a fish by it’s mouth until it’s exhausted through the water then killing it with a sudden blow or getting a trophy pic or weight then releasing it back with obvious pain from the hook.
  I’m not against it I just don’t like a favoured creature over another.

Never really thought of it like that stevie , can’t say I agree as I think as an animal they don’t feel pain when hooked in the mouth Possibly in the same way , if you foul hook a fishing the body I think they do feel it as they go berserk , , the alternative to rod and line is to net a fish in gill nets where they drown slowly so the swift dispatch blow is maybe a better way ? but I can pretty much guarantee you fish like salmon and trout would be pretty much extinct from U.K. waters if it wasn’t for people fishing for them with rod and line and making efforts in conservation ,we are the first to see pollution , pay for the clean ups and improvements by the EA with rod licences , run hatcheries to preserve native stocks and monitor the damage from fish farms.. one of our customers donates over 1million a year to the wild salmon trust... unfortunately the salmon farming industry are responsible for stuff like this, the salmon runs in the west coast, Ireland, BC and around the world are slowly being have virtually wiped out due to farming , possibly the most toxic food on the planet too ...https://youtu.be/uBRKH1xukno
  • Like 4

If you're not going to eat it, or its not about to eat you. Don't kill it. (vermin excluded of course) Who even trophy hunts sheep?! Thats just sad.

There are serious problems with fish farming, thats true.. but would there be any wild stocks left at all without them? not that i am defending them in the slightest.. dirty business. I watched the same video mattyf links to.. its far from healthy food.. and if the conditions were replicated in a land based farming system people would be jailed, this end of the world at least..

just have to wonder where its all going to end up, i mean no one bats an eyelid at farmed beef, how many herds of wild cattle roam the land?! If all beef was "wild caught" today and suddenly someone said they were to lock em all up in paddocks and feed them preserved grass and grains all winter to fatten them faster PETA  would explode!

• Like 2

There would be huge runs of wild fish if there wasn’t any fish farms , problem is they are all situated on the coast lines of routes used by wild fish ,there are diseases that are the equivalent to fish aids that destroy the fish’s immune systems, the wild fish as adults going to spawn and the smolts leaving to begin there journey catch the disease as the farming is usually on the coast lines of migrating fish , they are not supposed to sell this diseased fish but it’s been proven that 1 in ten fish sold have it in Canada.
All fish farms have massive lice infestations that virtually strip the skin of migrating smolts of wild fishing leaving the coasts to the feeding grounds in Greenland.
The last 30 years have seen some of the best fishing in the world virtually decimated by these practices.
The other thing is the waste of these farms in some of the most stunning unspoilt water is horrific.. just take a google , I would not eat farmed salmon if you payed me!

• Like 3