Pikeys and professionals.

10 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

More education, publicit, whatever about tree management would also be bonus, so the owner actually had a basic understanding themselves when action was necessary and what was apropriate.

Are you mental?

None of us would have any work!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

What about guys who get a huge list of tickets in a few weeks, a fortune in kit, set up their own arb business without any experience?
Qualified, insured and completely clueless are more of a hazard.
emoji848.pngemoji12.pngemoji106.png

Yeah, qualifications in this industry arent comparable to other sectors. I'm probably more qualified than a lot of people here, but I still wouldn't trust myself to dismantle anything over my house ?

Compare that with NVQ 3 tradesman and along with that qualification comes at least 3 years experience.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, aspenarb said:

Don't worry about the Caravan Utilising Nomadic Tree Surgeons undercutting prices or ripping people off because everything they earn or rob from people kills them and will normally end up back in the government's coffers.  They lead a shite life so stressed to fuck over money and greed that they all die early, suicide rates among them are also six times that of humans. They all hide their money in bogus accounts/wrong names because they don't want anyone to know what they have or where it is, this includes their own family members. When they buy and sell property in wrong names they leave the money in the solicitor's client account to avoid money transfers, same again if they die all this unclaimed money will eventually end up back in the government's coffers. Refreshing thought :)

Bob

What a genius.

9 hours ago, skyhuck said:

How come the blood had not been washed off by rain in 3 years? ??

That's like asking, how did Jack manage to beat the giant down the bean stalk.

7 hours ago, Thesnarlingbadger said:

Ok maybe saying it’s there fault is a bit unfair their not the ones felling the tree at the end of the day. But it is the responsibility of the person employing the contractor to make sure they are a legitimate company. If someone turned up at my door and said you need your trees cutting and I’ll do it now for £50 I’d tell them to do one.
Ok some people are gullible but unfortunately we live in that world and we have to educate people of the problems that can occur due to not checking out a company’s background.
I do feel sorry for some people’s house I turn up to to finish off jobs where tonnes of brash has just been left in the garden and they have already paid but at the end of the day most people would pay these vile people until they are happy with the work. I will often do these kind of jobs on the cheep side to help out a bit.

I know where you are coming from but the majority of the public have no clue whatsoever on which questions they should be asking and who they should be employing. It does annoy me too but it is the con mens fault at the end of the day.

5 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

We've all probably finished a bodgers job on the cheap to help out at some time or other cos we're decent people, but doesn't this just go towards supporting the cycle of allowing the rip off merchants to continue?

the owner doesn't learn their lesson because they've got the job done (in their own minds) cheap/cheaper and probably will still be a victim to the next "we're working locally and I've noticed your roof needs doing etc"

Really we should price the work at whatever it is, as well as putting pressure on the powers to be to educate the public on the homeowners responsibilities and liabilities when employing contractors ( as well as the prosecuting authorities to prosecute when things go tits up). 

More education, publicit, whatever about tree management would also be bonus, so the owner actually had a basic understanding themselves when action was necessary and what was apropriate.

I've finished quite a few but not for cheap, I'm not getting done over as well!

• Haha 1