Timberwolf sx200

hawthorns

To be honest, small shredder akin to the TW have gone off the map in this country. They are quite popular in France etc with the makers of Bugnot and Salean but the market in this country died/dried up due to lack of volume sales.

6 hours ago, PeteB said:

To be honest, small shredder akin to the TW have gone off the map in this country. They are quite popular in France etc with the makers of Bugnot and Salean but the market in this country died/dried up due to lack of volume sales.

Is it that other countries are zero burning and it's the only thing they can do. 

• Like 1

We still have the TS tiger shredder. You can still get them but stupid money now. Parts are also getting a bit silly. The only option left really is the Eliet. What we started with, great machine and what we'll probably go for next. 

As I said in the thread previously though it's not a chipper. Great for small stuff but can be painfully slow on proper tree work. 

We run the TS along side a PTO greenmech which is spot on for us. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, woody paul said:

Is it that other countries are zero burning and it's the only thing they can do. 

It's always been like that for some reason. We've always had a shredder and loved them but they were never marketed properly I don't think. Always trying to compete with a chipper rather than showing it as a totally different machine 

I put all my hedge trimmings through my Quadchip.

I always put sheets down first and then when finished I drag the sheets to the chipper and use a shovel to push through.

I have found that the round blades just don't damage like the flat blades and at only £5 a time to sharpen and 3 sides it's so much cheaper then paying to tip the clippings.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, treevolution said:

I put all my hedge trimmings through my Quadchip.

I always put sheets down first and then when finished I drag the sheets to the chipper and use a shovel to push through.

I have found that the round blades just don't damage like the flat blades and at only £5 a time to sharpen and 3 sides it's so much cheaper then paying to tip the clippings.

I do put sheets down but always get the odd stone go through chipper, find it a pain push clippings with something like piece of wood then chipper gets hold of it  

Edited by woody paul

Manufacturing is a numbers game, we did okay over the years with twin chuted Eco Combi, but it was getting expensive and then tier 5 engines meant that it was going to go up by another £10k and then sales would really start to dry up! TW decided to drop a load of machines out of their offering because they were sold in fewer numbers than they were comfortable with too. The importers of the Salean decided to drop it because the numbers weren't good either...

A previous post summed it up tbh. Chuck your stuff through a chipper and accept that you blade life isn't going to be as good as others due to the odd bit of muck or stone!

I did recently see an Eco Combi with very low hours in a dealers yard in Somerset recently.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2023 at 22:27, woody paul said:

I haven't got a week to do 1 job, some of the hedge cutting i do fill a 4 cubic metre truck. But on small hedges it would work.

8 cubic metre tipper trailer is what I use, cut the hedge then chuck in all recent sawdust rankings etc. There's a couple of places to tip green waste by the load round here, I figure it's cheaper to do that than buy chipper blades which are fearsome expensive for a JoBeau M500.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

8 cubic metre tipper trailer is what I use, cut the hedge then chuck in all recent sawdust rankings etc. There's a couple of places to tip green waste by the load round here,

Exactly what I do. Ifor Williams 12ft high side tipper. Full load costs me £40 to tip at local greenwaste site. Every time I have thought of a shredder (I did even have a Bearcat PTO one) I know it is not worth spending the money on a shredder for what we do.

• Like 2