Chipper stolen at knifepoint dartford kent

tonytree

13 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

if you read my post again you will see I said if it was compulsory (a legal requirement for everyone to carry a pistol at all times)

Huh? So everyone except robbers then? Robbers still have to use knives? Or what?

Your gun is still in the cab and you are still working at the chipper.

The robbers will have guns too you know.

If everyone carries guns everyone dies instead of going home and filling out an insurance claim.

Oh and then later you'll have to make it a legal requirement that everyone carries semi-automatics cos that's what the robbers are now using now that everyone is carrying guns.

And whereas before there was a threat of violence there is now death cos the robbers don't bother with the threatening bit first now they just shoot first.

And then you've got to factor in the increase in death by gun during domestic and other incidents which until now have not gone beyond shouting name-calling and shoving because hey, I gotta gun now.

And the increase in the suicide rate - due to the easy availability of guns America has (?one of) the highest per capita suicide rates in the world.

Shit happens. Guns are not the answer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yournamehere said:

Shit happens. Guns are not the answer.

oh come on, how can you say that?

the mini machine gun could be under your jacket, so you wouldn't have to run back to the cab. Think how much tax payers money it would save if robbers were shot dead. How much do you think it costs to keep an armed robber in prison? Much easier to eliminate any chance of them re- offending

20 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

the mini machine gun could be under your jacket, so you wouldn't have to run back to the cab. Think how much tax payers money it would save if robbers were shot dead. How much do you think it costs to keep an armed robber in prison? Much easier to eliminate any chance of them re- offending

Oh yes, course, you're quite right: how silly of me not to have seen that.

Where do you draw the line though?

Don't get me started on the misuse of 'epicentre'. Blammo!

I'll be holding judgement on this story till some more facts come out..  easiest thing in the world to manufacture a cock an bull story like this when knife crime is in the news..  on the other hand I know of a fella who was robbed in much the same manner.. took half his stilh tools.   he gave up doin his garden run after that..

Fella once told me about a newsagent friend of his in Salford.. opening up first thing early morn  only to be bum rushed into his shop and demanded he give him any money..  the fella, being all flustered and confused gave him the only money he had, a fiver..  the fella left the shop and the newsagent composing himself thought WTF just happened there..  ran out the shop chased the thief down the road, caught up with him and gave him a good beat down....

Another one...  mate of mine owns a garage, goes round to another garage in Bolton to get a part..  lying on the floor outside their unit is man groaning and crying on the floor..  he inquires about this fella outside their unit...  Oh the thieving bastard just tried to rob us...   We fked him up.  ambulance took him away..

My favorite..  friend of mine in the local news, Headline...  Man Hits Thief with Spade across his face... my friend employed a young lad to help on his car lot, at night the lad would return to syphon diesel from the cars.. he lay in wait to catch the unknown thief..  smacked him across the face with a spade and gave him a kicking... even his own mother said the lad deserved it..

See, always nice to hear the scum don't always get away with it..

Obviously I don't know the exact circumstances,  but surely approaching someone with a running chainsaw trumps a knife. 

Maybe it was a gang of 8 or so. 

It would have to be, wouldn't it, to keep a crew at bay and hitch a chipper up and get away??

2 hours ago, tree-fancier123 said:

Screw that. My life is far more important than an insurance premium or going to jail for shooting an innocent by passer by mistake!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1