Tipper or 4x4 with tipper trailer?

Jwoodgardenmaintenance

22 hours ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Havent got my license yet as im stuck on my theory so i have a lad drive for me and hes had his for about 10 years

check what categories your driver  has on their licence, may narrow it down for you.

44 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Ha, didn't even know there was such a thing as a red route..  just shows how much crap is crammed into the highway code...

Anyway, good tip for you.................  memory aid if you will.    all the easy ones that you know, put em to one side and concentrate on the harder ones..   example... dual carriageway ends..

think of someone or something whose name begins with R..  Thats a reference to the red triangle.. if you know some one called Richard imagine him one hundred foot tall, inside the red triangle is what might be a pair of legs..  now the trick is to link those images with what it means on the sign..

The more outrageous the images you can muster the more likely you'll remember it...

You've a hundred foot image of a friend/Richard having a duel with a naked pair of womens legs...  sort of link that to the actual sign....    invent a system to link all round signs and all the others so its easy to retrieve from this index you intend to create...

Its a common trick used by people who used to perform memory tricks on stage..  it works.   just so long as you put some effort into it....   

Once you have an index of exaggerated images on file you can ask your friends to test you on them..

Thats what i mean my partners grandad has been driving since he was 17 and now hes 72 and i asked him to do a online mock theory test and he failed scored about 20-30 he even said in all his years driving some of the signs on the test hes never seen never mind know the meaning  of and thanks for the idea ill give it a go and see if i can manage it 

14 minutes ago, carlos said:

check what categories your driver  has on their licence, may narrow it down for you.

At the minute he has his car license amd that is it but hes going in for his trailer tickets and then hes on about doing his class 3 which is upto 7.5 tonnes or something? but i said it might of been easier for him just to do his class 2 so that is rigid wagon upto 32 tonnes apparantley ?  

On 20/11/2018 at 18:43, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Can all 4x4's tow 3500kg or can some tow more than the other?

my mitsibishi l200 might just pull the skin of my nannas rice pudding and when towing a ifor 10ft tipping trailer loaded with log i nearlly need a diesel tanker running along side as it can get rid of it quickly,

1 minute ago, spuddog0507 said:

my mitsibishi l200 might just pull the skin of my nannas rice pudding and when towing a ifor 10ft tipping trailer loaded with log i nearlly need a diesel tanker running along side as it can get rid of it quickly,

Cheers for that always heard about the l200 being unreliable but then apparently the shogun is amazing for towing ?

3 minutes ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Cheers for that always heard about the l200 being unreliable but then apparently the shogun is amazing for towing ?

its not unreliable at all just likes its fuel when pulling a bit of weight, 1 is 2.5ltr and the other 3,2ltr but weight about the same so shogun will pull better,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spuddog0507 said:

its not unreliable at all just likes its fuel when pulling a bit of weight, 1 is 2.5ltr and the other 3,2ltr but weight about the same so shogun will pull better,

Oh I get you now ? there doesn't seem to be any fairly tidy 4x4 for sale at a good price the cheap ones are knackered and the good ones are like 10-15k the new Isuzu dmax utility new are 20k so either way I'd need finance so don't know wether to pay the extra 5k and get the 3 year dealer warranty and also unabused? Mind boggles trying to think of what's best option and a 10x6 Ifor tipper new is 6k locally need to have a sit down look at competition mainly travellers and see if I can make it work or just say bugger it and just get a job working for a arborists company if I have any local

On 20/11/2018 at 23:19, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Hopefully they stop with all that stupid stuff cordless tools fair enough but leave cars and vans as they are can't imagine a wagon towing 44 tonnes of whatever relying only on battery power absolutely stupid idea  

I wouldn't be too hasty to dis electric power

• Like 5