Cutting high hedges

Bazzer

8 minutes ago, woody paul said:

That type of steps are ok were you have nothing in the way like shrubs / roses.

I find the legs go in between plants quite well.

Besides, clients who plant up to hedges are just not thinking about the practicalities of maintenance.

How dare they moan about my size 10's leveling their annuals and herbaceaous border as I get on with the impossible task of missing their marigolds with feet, ladder or rake...

Stuart

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I find the legs go in between plants quite well.

Besides, clients who plant up to hedges are just not thinking about the practicalities of maintenance.

How dare they moan about my size 10's leveling their annuals and herbaceaous border as I get on with the impossible task of missing their marigolds with feet, ladder or rake...

Stuart

Hi Ty, 

Which platform did you go for?

I've got a henchman tripod with adjustable legs but needed a taller one and was looking at the platforms. I didn't know whether to stick with a tripod or see what the platform was like. 

Cheers Jim

Morning,

After I had a hedge cutting accident in 2007 I bought a Henchman platform, senior I think.

I was working for a French company as an employee harvesting yew at a vinyard and was cutting off a ladder with a plank attached to it.

Plank slipped, hedge cutter made contact with my left inner forearm severing tendons.

Oddly enough, this has just happened this September to a mates young employee here despite me warning him this could happen one day.

I had previously had a heated discussion about safety only a few weeks before and got the usual Gallic shrug for my efforts.

He'd been cutting off domestic steps for 20 years he said...

Type of guy who cuts branches working from ladders.

However, working from steps is strictly forbidden even in France especially for employees.

Stuart

Cheers Try, I do rate the tripod ladder just wondered if the platform was any better. 

From what I can see it's better to stand on and gives you more coververage due to not being stuck in one place on a ladder rung. 

However they look alot more clumsey to manouver than the tripod. 

Jim