Burgled

gobbypunk

Is it me or does anyone else think its a waste of breath reporting theft to plod.

We had a Brian James car transporter trailer stolen between 4pm Saturday and 12 noon Sunday, 

The bar stewards drove across 2 fields, through an orchard and left 3 gates open allowing

sheep to wonder on to the road and what do plod say, "we'll let you have a crime number and try looking in local trade mags or on the internet"

We had a theft from the same site this time last year which makes you think it's someone travelling to the area this time of year, maybe for something like Goose Fair!

16 minutes ago, Forest2Furniture said:

Is it me or does anyone else think its a waste of breath reporting theft to plod.

We had a Brian James car transporter trailer stolen between 4pm Saturday and 12 noon Sunday, 

The bar stewards drove across 2 fields, through an orchard and left 3 gates open allowing

sheep to wonder on to the road and what do plod say, "we'll let you have a crime number and try looking in local trade mags or on the internet"

We had a theft from the same site this time last year which makes you think it's someone travelling to the area this time of year, maybe for something like Goose Fair!

I guess we have to be realistic in these time of austerity, if plod attended "the scene" what could he realistically do, no cctv no forensics, no witness no lines of enquiry.....

I like everyone would like the reassurance of local patrols, regular visits and every crime victim seen and reassured but I think those days are long gone and we have to accepts the changes like it or not.

I guessed the crime number is for insurance and the local mags for you to identify the stolen items, in this case I don't see what plod could have done which would make any difference to the outcome. Harsh but fact.

The thing is the F###ing plod have time any money to pot up at where the speed limit changes coming into my village , it’s a small village no boy racers so the only reason I can see for them to be there to catch small builders , average people doing a few miles over the limit , I have a description of the van a name of a suspect and still nothing from the plod but if me and my mates catch up with this little c##t and give him what he deserves I run the risk of getting nicked , it is a sign of the times we live in more stuff getting chored , but if the pod can’t or wouldn’t do anything about we have to have the right to look out for our expensive tools somethings got to give how many of us on hear have been robbed , too many anyway rant over but I bet you all agree with me 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

The thing is the F###ing plod have time any money to pot up at where the speed limit changes coming into my village , it’s a small village no boy racers so the only reason I can see for them to be there to catch small builders , average people doing a few miles over the limit , I have a description of the van a name of a suspect and still nothing from the plod but if me and my mates catch up with this little c##t and give him what he deserves I run the risk of getting nicked , it is a sign of the times we live in more stuff getting chored , but if the pod can’t or wouldn’t do anything about we have to have the right to look out for our expensive tools somethings got to give how many of us on hear have been robbed , too many anyway rant over but I bet you all agree with me 

We do agree but there seems no end to any of it.

I'm still waiting for a plod to phone back with a crime number no longer expect them to show an interest.

It's the brazen behaviour of the thieving scum that gets me, in our latest case they had to drive down a neighbours driveway, across 2 fields and an orchard, take 2 gates of the hinges and drive around another field to where the trailer was and then the return journey, must have taken 20 minutes and anytime someone could have driven along the neighbours driveway.  The only reason they got through the first gate is because the plough that normally blocks it was moved last Thursday to give Severn Trent access to the riverbank!

Google maps has a lot to answer for, prospective scum can find your business address and using maps zoom into your property finding gates and driveways and plan their escape.

Whatever happened to privacy laws.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forest2Furniture said:

We do agree but there seems no end to any of it.

I'm still waiting for a plod to phone back with a crime number no longer expect them to show an interest.

It's the brazen behaviour of the thieving scum that gets me, in our latest case they had to drive down a neighbours driveway, across 2 fields and an orchard, take 2 gates of the hinges and drive around another field to where the trailer was and then the return journey, must have taken 20 minutes and anytime someone could have driven along the neighbours driveway.  The only reason they got through the first gate is because the plough that normally blocks it was moved last Thursday to give Severn Trent access to the riverbank!

Google maps has a lot to answer for, prospective scum can find your business address and using maps zoom into your property finding gates and driveways and plan their escape.

Whatever happened to privacy laws.

You can get your property removed/blanked out of google maps/earth. Don't ask me how.

I tried to search a customers property and it was all blanked out.

Its an absolute sickener when these scum do you over, ive been done 4 times, the last time they cleared me out of £10k, the police don’t give a shit, yet if you caught them and did owt to them they would be interested in you for sure, easy prosecution option.
Ive investIMG_1854.jpged in one of these and its trained to protection dog standards.

• Like 3

You can bet your bottom dollar that its the same scum bags, they travel the country picking up other peoples kit and dumping shit in lay-bys, but who are they? No one seems to know!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jcarbor said:

Its an absolute sickener when these scum do you over, ive been done 4 times, the last time they cleared me out of £10k, the police don’t give a shit, yet if you caught them and did owt to them they would be interested in you for sure, easy prosecution option.
Ive investIMG_1854.jpged in one of these and its trained to protection dog standards.

Is it fair to risk the dogs life if it bites the thieving scum!

4 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

You can get your property removed/blanked out of google maps/earth. Don't ask me how.

I tried to search a customers property and it was all blanked out.

I know I can but why should the onus be on me to remove my information, I've never consented for my details to be advertised to the world in the first place. 

It took me best part of 2 days browsing to remove my previous business details and on many of the sites I had to prove who I was!

• Like 1