High-end rain jacket

Mark Bolam

26 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Paramo is beginning to sound  more and more like exactly what I’m after.

That Atlas looks good but I need it in green or olive.

I’ll have a proper look tomorrow when I’m on a PC.

Cheers fellas.

I'm tempted to get one too! https://www.paramo-clothing.com/en-gb/explore-range/product/?pk=5A046B7C-748C-4E93-8397-E2710BFB5631&attributes=5A01410B-7BF6-46CC-8A97-FFEA0A577F6E,FCBDB5D3-90B7-4766-871F-389AF483A8BE This wouldn't look out of place on a shoot day.

• Like 2

I own two sets of paramo pajaro waterproof jackets and trousers. One for work and one for out of work use.

The trousers are great and you can wear them as trousers on the skin and be dry and not hot all day if out walking or shooting etc.

With the paramo jacket the sleves are vented and are designed so you can roll them up over your elbow if the weather is warm.

The outer layer of the paramo will tear on thorns if you wear it for heavy work. However this is not the actual waterproof layer so you can stitch it up with no problems or indeed have it cut to ribbons and still be dry.

My work coat and overtrousers have pleanty of tears in the outer fabric but still keep me dry. With this coat i dont worry about thorns or wire and just get on with things.

My non work coat used for mountain walking and shooting has no holes in it and is used in normal terrain with a degree of care.

I have had lots of different gortex jackets in the past but once they get torn youve had it and they are not as breathable as the paramo.

In really wet weather the only wet bit i have with paramo is the base of the sleaves were the water trickles up when working.

Edited by Pro Gard
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously, I’ll be going for the Paramo Velez smock.

Loads of good advice on here put me onto them, and further research has been really positive.

The fact that the boss of Go Outdoors has 3 Paramo jackets and Ray Mears sells them would be good enough in itself, but Gary’s bar story was the clincher!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...