T Mech Stump grinder

aspenarb

43 minutes ago, Medarb said:

Any reviews so far apart from teeth difficulties? I have a 38x but fancied a small grinder for the awkward/small jobs.. Is it up to jobs or gutless and made of plasticine???

Ours has not missed a beat, the only damage has come from our guys ratchet strapping the thing down in the trailer. I will weld a few lugs on it so it can be tied down properly at some point. Teeth last well but do only come in sets, when I get time I will spin up a new wheel on the lathe and get it onto the rayco teeth. All in all its been a good little grinder.

Bob

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

I bought one of these TMech grinders as a catalog return on eBay for £850. I sharpened the teeth a few times but never felt they were good, and cost for a new set is enough to pay for green teeth and holders so bit the bullet.

Pairs of holes between teeth were about 1mm too close to just drill out, so had to set the wheel up on the mill and slot drill at 16mm. It has 3 pairs of teeth, 2 left, 2 right and 2 straight.

I worried it would vibrate due to having fewer teeth, but in fact it's much smoother as sharp teeth cut rather than beat at the stump. Very pleased with the upgrade. I have had to mend the brake lever, the exhaust fell off so welded, normal stump grinder stuff.

IMG_20240312_164745_052.thumb.jpg.5bbdc8c671f7670ad827cf6147d765ed.jpg

• Like 5