travellers

westphalian

Just now, Rough Hewn said:

That was Lewes in Sussex that burnt a caravan with a cardboard family inside.

I sleep in a van 5 nights a week.
I travel all over the country.
I've got receipts for all my tools. I run my van on red diesel, don't tax and insure it and steal stuff as I go.
emoji848.pngemoji12.png

This is the problem.?

• Haha 1

maybe you have. For all i know you may be a guy that works away from home alot. that doesnt make you a traveller does it? I have a friend in Newcastle that is up and down the country every week of the year, what that make him?

we are talking about travellers and gypsies. 

Ask most convicts in jail and they claim to be innocent of the crimes they were convicted of. 

I cant see anyone coming on here and saying " yes i nick stuff and pay no taxes" just not gonna happen is it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jose said:

maybe you have. For all i know you may be a guy that works away from home alot. that doesnt make you a traveller does it? I have a friend in Newcastle that is up and down the country every week of the year, what that make him?

we are talking about travellers and gypsies. 

Ask most convicts in jail and they claim to be innocent of the crimes they were convicted of. 

I cant see anyone coming on here and saying " yes i nick stuff and pay no taxes" just not gonna happen is it. 

If you don't have a fixed abode you are a traveller, or homeless, you can even buy insurance that puts you in this category, regardless of your breeding. You can't seem to get your head around this, and still want to tar everyone with the same brush. By the way I'm not a bleeding heart.

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 1

maybe im missing it but i thought this thread was about travellers.

not homeless people.

and the other guy said he sleeps 5 nights a week in a van. so assume by that he goes home come the weekend. the 5 nights is out chasing the work. could be in forestry, working in the back and beyond. limited or no nearby accommodation. so its a necessary part of the job.

OR maybe hes away from his lockup working and so as many will testify to he finds Sleeping in his van with his kit is the best chance he has of it been there the next day!

the polish guys use to come over to work, live in a caravan to save money. doesnt make them travellers. 

think your trying to muddy the water here. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, jose said:

maybe im missing it but i thought this thread was about travellers.

not homeless people.

and the other guy said he sleeps 5 nights a week in a van. so assume by that he goes home come the weekend. the 5 nights is out chasing the work. could be in forestry, working in the back and beyond. limited or no nearby accommodation. so its a necessary part of the job.

OR maybe hes away from his lockup working and so as many will testify to he finds Sleeping in his van with his kit is the best chance he has of it been there the next day!

the polish guys use to come over to work, live in a caravan to save money. doesnt make them travellers. 

think your trying to muddy the water here. 

Yes, you are missing something! The thread title is TRAVELLERS. Which bit do you not understand?

Ha! Spot on Jose. [emoji3]
All the above.
My point is:
Not everyone who lives on a site,in a caravan/van etc is a thieving ****.
I've known loads of tinks, dids, Romani and New Age travellers good and bad. Could say the same about Arborists, met loads of goodens and quite a few ****s as well.
I'm in central London this week, the local thieves here are drug addicts from everywhere.
[emoji51]

• Like 3