travellers

westphalian

6 hours ago, Vespasian said:

The root of the problem is Low IQ populations...   The lower the average IQ of any given population, results in a greater tendency to criminal behavior.. its a measured scientific fact.

Hmmm.. Pretty sure that is not true..a fact in science  is an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as “true.” Truth in science, however, is never final and what is accepted as a fact today may be modified or even discarded tomorrow.

Assuming this "research" uses convicted criminals to assess the tendency to criminal behaviour  it is more likely just to show that criminals who get caught have low IQ's.. Which would make sense. 

There are a lot of cultural differences that mean the IQ tests given need to change from one group to another if these differences are liable to skew the test results.  However, when the tests given are modified to account for cultural differences we all lie somewhere on a standard bell curve (normal distribution). 

Lower cognitive abilities can be used to predict greater prejudice through right-wing ideology. ... Hodson and Busseri (2012) found in a correlational study that lower intelligence in childhood is predictive of greater racism in adulthood.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

With your ability to massage figures like that Vesp, you should be a politician, or a mob accountant.

If we're reading the same article,  5% of the prison population (Not 7%) that identify themselves as Romany, Gypsy or traveller includes women. So take women out, be generous and say they account for half of your 7%. How does dividing by 2 double the numbers? So 3.5% are male, take away those <10 & >30. Now bear with me, take numbers away and the original number gets smaller! 

You're guessing at 28%, and then saying that thirty percent of the male traveller/Romany/Gypsy population are thieves! If you're going to be clever and use empirical data to prove a point, you need to be a bit less obvious in your creative accounting methodology. :D

Might he be a dunce ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Might he be a dunce ?

Now now Stubby!

Although invoicing that way would be quite profitable. " The job was £100, but I only did half of the work, so that's £200. I'll take away some of that figure, so it'll be £260. 

So the total cost is £300.00. 

Can I run you to the cash point?:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Gary Prentice said:

Now now Stubby!

Although invoicing that way would be quite profitable. " The job was £100, but I only did half of the work, so that's £200. I'll take away some of that figure, so it'll be £260. 

So the total cost is £300.00. 

Can I run you to the cash point?:lol:

Its the Malteaser  syndrome   Less fattening centers . If you eat enough of them you are in danger of vanishing entirely .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

Hmmm.. Pretty sure that is not true..a fact in science  is an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as “true.” Truth in science, however, is never final and what is accepted as a fact today may be modified or even discarded tomorrow.

Assuming this "research" uses convicted criminals to assess the tendency to criminal behaviour  it is more likely just to show that criminals who get caught have low IQ's.. Which would make sense. 

There are a lot of cultural differences that mean the IQ tests given need to change from one group to another if these differences are liable to skew the test results.  However, when the tests given are modified to account for cultural differences we all lie somewhere on a standard bell curve (normal distribution). 

Lower cognitive abilities can be used to predict greater prejudice through right-wing ideology. ... Hodson and Busseri (2012) found in a correlational study that lower intelligence in childhood is predictive of greater racism in adulthood.

I've spent quite some time looking at experts who perform IQ tests..  believe me you can give an IQ test to anyone and get an accurate result..   in essence an IQ test is a pretty simple measurement..

Puzzle solving measured against speed..  a simple jigsaw puzzle could be used to find out ones cognitive abilities..  can you finish it, and how fast..  what does ones culture have to do with that?.. 

throwing in cultural differences in is an attempt to muddy the waters because they don't like what IQ test are.  these people want to believe everyone is the same..  and IQ tests prove otherwise..

As to science, and repeated tests..  IQ can be tested and regularly is..   One scientist/Sociologist did just that..  didn't believe the average IQ of black africans, went out and found his tests matched those of his colleagues.

And could you explain how IQ can predict racism in one sentence and attempt to dismiss IQ when it comes to criminal behavior?...  if anything your point proves mine.   the lower IQ the more likely your a knobhead..   simple..

7 hours ago, Vespasian said:

To be honest its not really about Gypsies or travelers or council estate scroats..

The root of the problem is Low IQ populations...   The lower the average IQ of any given population, results in a greater tendency to criminal behavior.. its a measured scientific fact.

The Gypsy population has the lowest measured IQ of any European sub group, about 85..  is it any wonder they're over represented when it comes to crime stats or why they're more than likely to be thieving bastards..

I read in an earlier article posted in this thread that 7% will have had a custodial sentence..  given that includes women then it amounts to 14% if we dismiss their part of the stat..   take away those under ten and those over thirty and I'm guessing its near on 28%..

Thats thirty percent of the male Gypsy population are thieving (shorthand for criminal) scumbags..

Which as bad as it seems and it is bad, it does mean the majority are hard working decent folk..   though I dare say they might condone or turn a blind eye in the direction of their thieving bretherin..

You can do the same analysis with any groups, including council estate groups, and measure all the low IQ members of said group.   the stats will add up in much the same way..   find the low IQ members and a good third will be thieves or other near're do well's...

Long term the only solution is to have breeding permits, if your a dunce you don't get to have a woman, or if you do you have to have the snip..   any dunces without a licence found courting should be jailed for attempting to dumb down society.. ten years to keep em off the streets..  second offence balls chopped off..

Although the logic behind your "breeding" licences makes a bit of sense..... it is also the same logic a chap from Austria tried in the 1930's  Dangerous!

There needs to be a different approach to raising the IQ.

However listening to some of the conspiracy boys at work the gov't won't allow it as free thinking is discouraged. Whole different thread.

4 minutes ago, Bob_z_l said:

Although the logic behind your "breeding" licences makes a bit of sense..... it is also the same logic a chap from Austria tried in the 1930's  Dangerous!

There needs to be a different approach to raising the IQ.

However listening to some of the conspiracy boys at work the gov't won't allow it as free thinking is discouraged. Whole different thread.

Well Hitler if he'd any sense would of realized that Jews have the highest IQ and of any European sub group. He did the exact opposite of what he should of done..  leave em alone to get on with their lives and got their help in winning the war..  The fella was lunatic in that regards..

• Like 1

We saw proper gypsie/romany/itinerient workers on a municipal caravan site in rural France, well actually we didnt, they were away to work before we stirred and not back until after we retired.

An pristine Fendt caravan with a spotless stainless steel kitchen utility unit on its on trailer chassis, and gleaming transit vans.

These, from an Irish perspective, were NOT Travellers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Well Hitler if he'd any sense would of realized that Jews have the highest IQ and of any European sub group. He did the exact opposite of what he should of done..  leave em alone to get on with their lives and got their help in winning the war..  The fella was lunatic in that regards..

It wasn't all about the Jews.

His cleansing of the Untermench also included Romany's many were exterminated.

But this wasn't what this thread was about, so sorry for the divert.

42 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

And could you explain how IQ can predict racism in one sentence and attempt to dismiss IQ when it comes to criminal behavior?...  if anything your point proves mine.   the lower IQ the more likely your a knobhead..   simple..

By providing a reference for the source.. Hodson and Busseri (2012)