Fav Job

Rich Rule

turned up to do a large birch a month back, and found 7 strands of climbing rose ( is it prince Charles or something? ) underneath the ivy, just to make it a little more irritating.

we decided to have a go at giving ourselves a head start by cutting the strands and plaiting a rope round the rose and ivy and driving the landi back very slowly as struan kept watch.

we really could believe out luck when the whole trees worth of ivy and rose and general scrot came cleanly out together. No tree damage, just a beautiful birch tree left.

Job done in 1 hour, and a smug feeling to boot!

cool man, say hello to mr. erskine from me... need to catch up with him soon. getting to that time of year again... snoboarding !!!

Edited by Rich Rule

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work mate, what were the tools / method you used?:001_smile:

Steve the owner scrambled up there and got tip and then me and the other climber passed our ropes up. I did the stem on the left and had to flock the tail for about 50-60 foot. Once I set the line at the top just worked top down with 200t and my new sugoi. Sort of peeled it away and let it's own weight do the rest with a bit of help from gravity. The first tree took three of us just over 2 hours. The second tree was a pig but same method employed. 3 climber and a section/stem each.

Made sure I had a steel strop though as the ivy was pretty thick just for added safety. All good and a good fun climb once you got above the ivy.

Can I ask what you charged for that. I've got to price something really similar, I would say 4-500.

Cheers

sorry mate, I cannot divulge that information as I don't know. I work as a contract climber so generally turn up and do the job. I can tell you what i charged as a day rate but that wouldn't be of much use.

Rich.