Storing wood on aggricultural land

dryadlad

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All my split wood is stored in polytunnels (as well as a fair bit of planked wood) and there was an issue this year about 'change of use of polytunnels'

Not heard anything since. All ridiculous if you ask me.............:sneaky2:

put a tray of flowers/lettuce in as well then say you are using the polytunnels for their intended use and the wood is just filling unused space

If that happened to me I'd write to my MP saying that I was a struggling rural business beng dogged by council burocracy etc. You might find that helps. It is a load of crap though isn't it, fair enough if you wanted a yard in a residential area, but in a field!!!!

The planners are probably trying to justify their existance now that no one is building anything.

Cheers chaps , the lands is a friends . The nice man said the timber cannot come from outside and it can only be stored if it has arised from the land .I guess it is a change of use thing ,bet if the land was changed to business use they would charge me a packet in rates...

have you been there 10yrs + if so you can apply for a certifcate of lawfullness :001_smile: speak to a land agent they know how to word the planning apps :thumbup1: