Which 4X4?????

Frank

Give me an Audi Quattro over a subaru any day. My mate has a forestor, and its woefully lacking in torque. The 2.5 V6 TDi in the A4 and A6 audi is an absolute beast.

Yeah mine is the A6 Avant special edition estate, with the 2.8 V6 lump. She may be thirsty but I also have the premium BOSE sound system which makes my eyes vibrate so I cant see the on board computer telling me that I'm gett 18 MPG.:thumbup:

Fairly interested in a Disco or Forester. How about Shoguns????

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nissan patrol,Import.

Have a look at the Nissan Patrol. I bought one from nearly new back in 1999 (new shape) and ran it for 8 years and never had to put a spanner to it. It did take a lot of abuse as well. The newer models now have a bigger engine than the one i bought (3 litre in the diesel?)

I found it good off road and it had plenty of grunt.

The problem with them is one of brand image i.e. they are not a Landcruiser or a Range Rover but if snob value doesn't worry you then look for a 2nd hand one with less than 15k on the clock and under two years old for best value. You will get a lot of bang for your buck! good luck.

Here's one of my old pic ups taken in '97-98 ish? In the back ground is my housemates audio quattro. Its the original one from the castrol gtx adverts in the eighties.

It was a pile of crap (mostly cos it had been ragged on track days all its life) and he never took me up on the challenge of driving to pub off road! (Which could be done, handy on the way home!)

sub.jpg.4bf9c165943946e513031d7f67d445da.jpg

I'm looking at buying a new vehicle, one that I can select 4 wheel drive in. One that will be versatile enough to use for tree work but also be able to put 2 car seats in the back for my boys. I need a tow bar for chipper / trailer. I'm gonna be looking at winches for the front. I want fairly decent fuel economy, so up to a 2.5 turbo diesel will be plenty. I want subtle sign writing rather than a whole hog commercial affair. Need 4/5 seats but don't mind having boot space or pick up bed.

What do you guys reckon????????? Much obliged.

Oh yeah and I'm gonna be selling my beloved Audi A6 Avant SE 2.8 V6 to fund this venture so it has to also make me smile.

Isuzu truck, Isuzu's take a lot of beating..........:thumbup1:

Isuzu truck, Isuzu's take a lot of beating..........:thumbup1:

i have had the diahatsu, l200, trooper long and short wheel base, pimped up hilux with loads of extras, a new isuzu rodeo, and 2 impreza's turbo's, the saloon and the sportwagen. All great vehicles but not one of those vehicles ticked all the boxes frank, great in their own way and a compromise in others. As far as economy is concerned then dont build up your hopes if you like pushing thr throttle down, because that just chucks in the go go juice. Keep the audi for the kids and just buy an older 4x4, what you will loose in the audi would cover one no bother. Chopping and changing cars can cost a fortune mate if you are unsure. Buy something cheap and see how you go.IMO:thumbup1:

the lancia delta hf intergrale wasnt affordable though oh and lets not forget the rust problems. Just because the odd numpty owns a subaru shouldnt stop others enjoying them, my 2 subaru imprezzas were amazing cars to drive, very safe and economical if you didnt thrash them to much. i prefered my 2000 model to my newer 2004 sportswagen. Totally diferent drive i thought