MOT changes May 2018

eggsarascal

1 hour ago, Justme said:

But if like yours it failed for a fucked tyre

What makes you say mine failed with a f* tyre, indeed which one of mine are you referring to?

All my cars passed their last MOT although the "sports" car broke down for the first time ever on the way home when the posh electronic fuel pump broke, so I put the original one with contacts back in.

4 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I might do.

Would I still be able to be a SJW if I got a new van though?

I’ve seen it used, but didn’t know, or have the inclination to look-up what SJW actually meant (done it now) and the good news is YES! You would still qualify as a SJW if the injustice you were warrioringinging against, was the social injustice of the flagellating the poor, honest, hard working man under the crushing burden of centrally imposed taxation which is frittered away on the feckless, the idle and the immobile (and Jonny Foreigner of course!)

We can be warriors together! Brothers in arms!! :2gunsfiring_v1:

15 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I’ve seen it used, but didn’t know, or have the inclination to look-up what SJW actually meant (done it now) and the good news is YES! You would still qualify as a SJW if the injustice you were warrioringinging against, was the social injustice of the flagellating the poor, honest, hard working man under the crushing burden of centrally imposed taxation which is frittered away on the feckless, the idle and the immobile (and Jonny Foreigner of course!)

We can be warriors together! Brothers in arms!! :2gunsfiring_v1:

Hang on, Mr Johnson. I can't quite hear what you are saying from up here on this fence.

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

You contradict yourself. You say the rules aren't changing, then go on to say they are testing for different things. I'm sorry to disagree with you, but the Gov website seems to suggest that there are being changes made.

3. What's changing.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/mot-special-notice-01-18-inspection-manual-and-in-service-emission-data/mot-special-notice-01-18-inspection-manual-and-in-service-emission-data

You seem to be miss understanding what I am saying. People are making claims that garages will stop you removing the car, give you a ticket or fail under the dangerous to make you get the work done there. Non of that is true. Yes they are changing the contents of the test. But the law has not changed re the legality of driving a car pre or post test.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, openspaceman said:

What makes you say mine failed with a f* tyre, indeed which one of mine are you referring to?

All my cars passed their last MOT although the "sports" car broke down for the first time ever on the way home when the posh electronic fuel pump broke, so I put the original one with contacts back in.

I think I was confusing your posts with someone else. Sorry.

On 24/02/2018 at 14:04, Gray git said:

Take my landy as an example
Last mot it failed as the seat belt mounts on the rear seats were badly rusted and needed to be replaced and welded in. This ment lifting off the rear body, chopping out a crossmember and welding in a new one.
Garage wanted nearly a grand to do this so I drove it back to the yard and did it in less than a day myself costing little more than my time but now if the tester deemed this a major safety issue then I'd have either had to pay a lot for them to do it or arrange a large recovery truck to transport it back for me to do the work and then again to take it back even though it had no affect on me driving the vehicle safely.

Bizarrely if you’d just removed the rear seats I don’t think it would have been part of the test (seatbelts aren’t where there’s no corresponding seat, not 100%  sure on mounts) and therefore it would have passed if that was the only issue...