You can all be millionaires

spandit

6 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Fair play to them if that can make the sales. You see homes filled with far more useless nonsense 

I doubt theres ever been one single sale of those off cuts to date.  why would anyone with a brain cell pay that money when they can phone a local tree surgeon up and ask him to bring the same for a tenner..

I've been phoned up by members of the public looking for "nice pieces of wood" for decoration or some guff they seen on one of these thrifty home makeover shows, but they don't want to pay because "its not for firewood".......... I don't care if you burn it, stack it,  do what ever you like with it, your still paying for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vespasian said:

I doubt theres ever been one single sale of those off cuts to date.  why would anyone with a brain cell pay that money when they can phone a local tree surgeon up and ask him to bring the same for a tenner..

I think they are selling 80 pieces. If your paying £400 no doubt you’d expect them to be cut dead level, not have any sharp stubs or the like sticking out etc, not saying that it is worth £400 but at the same time I doubt anyone would do the above for a tenner either. Somewhere in between the too maybe.....

1 hour ago, Matthew Storrs said:

I think they are selling 80 pieces. If your paying £400 no doubt you’d expect them to be cut dead level, not have any sharp stubs or the like sticking out etc, not saying that it is worth £400 but at the same time I doubt anyone would do the above for a tenner either. Somewhere in between the too maybe.....

If I had too, I'd ring a tree surgeon up, ask when his next job was, turn up and ask him to cut the pieces to length, obviously carefully explaining it was all for a good cause..

To be used for the local special needs groups..  tactile interaction with background music to create a symbiotic soothing atmosphere to engender feeling of oneness with each other in the special needs group environment....

Obviously offer said tree cutter compensation for his time....    a tenner for two minutes seems fair enough...

No doubt the said tree cutter would be obliged to refuse said compensation..    thus from 400 quid to nothin..