Small chipper help

bumble B

If i were in the market for a little chipper, id play it safe with a greenmech. 

Both the cheapo's and the greenmech will depreciate the same amount of £coin (percentage wise, the greenmech far less)

Both will do the job, but the greenmech should be pretty much problem free, easy to change blades, no downtime, good dealer backup can that be said about the cheapo's? 

5 years down the line you should still be able to easily sell the GM and get back a good wad of cash, 3,5k perhaps, good for downpayment on a bigger machine, the cheapo, 400 quid if you're lucky/can find a buyer/its not on the scrap heap, not a great help for downpayment on a bigger machine (unless its a CS100 :lol: )

• Like 2

I saw a tree surgeon using a Jo Beau 500 today. The machine looked good and he has been using them for years. I will be off to look at the new Jansen GTS2000 when they are back in stock. I think it might be the Jansen out right or Jo Beau through lease. 

On 1/20/2018 at 19:47, bumble B said:

I am struggling deciding on a small chipper. Options seem to be Jo Beau, Jansen GTS200 and Greenmech CS100. Any advice and reviews would be appreciated.

I've recently bought a used Jo Beau M400 after a couple of years of deciding which machine to go for. I did look at both the Jo Beau and Greenmech CS100, but the Jo Beau came up on eBay at the right price. I'm not a arborist, but do garden maintenance, some small tree work and quite a lots of hedge reductions. A small chipper has made life a lot easier for me. There's a couple of Jo Beau chippers on eBay at the moment https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xjo+beau.TRS0&_nkw=jo+beau&_sacat=0

If I had to buy a wee chipper again, it would have to be self propellered. Struggling a heavy machine in wet conditions or on slopes and ramps is the worst pita after or during an (exhausting) job. Never again. 

Edited by marne
  • Like 1

I used to run a Jo beau M300 for getting into tight spaces and avoiding a long awkward drag of brash. I would say it was better in many ways than the Timberwolf 18/100G I started with years ago. It wont cope with a 4 inch branch like the TW would, but the wide throat at the bottom of the feed hopper makes it easier by far to push in bendy stems like Rohododendron and some Conifer. I only sold it as it was not being used enough now we run a couple of bigger chippers. I would certainly recommend the Jo Beau as a start up machine. Friend I sold it to is delighted with it as his first chipper. Also engine is legendary Honda reliabilty.