Small chipper help

bumble B

1 hour ago, Rough Hewn said:

What did you get in the end?

Found someone on ebay selling a TP100, amounts to the same thing as a gm100 18HP pull it about on wheels...   700 quid..   

Fella who sold it said he only bought it because the job he got stipulated they had to have a woodchipper on site, so he bought this one new, hardly used it..   

Found someone on ebay selling a TP100, amounts to the same thing as a gm100 18HP pull it about on wheels...   700 quid..   

Fella who sold it said he only bought it because the job he got stipulated they had to have a woodchipper on site, so he bought this one new, hardly used it..   

Bargain!!!

Just now, Rough Hewn said:

Bargain!!!

haha when I got there I was in such a rush to get it loaded and out of there lest he changed his mind.. 

I spotted it advertised late at night, must of uploaded the add late, I was on the blower at quarter to seven in the morning to get the first bid in..

Told her I'd set off in ten minutes and not to let it go..   by the time I got there she said they'd been inundated with calls all morning..   I cottoned on I was a bit clueless about chippers and prices..   played it like I was as thick as a plank..   

Anyways not a bad chipper for the price..   

• Like 1

Spoke to greenmech today,
Very friendly and helpful!
Still can't decide.
This is my thinking:
5k for a really decent chipper. Quality machine, good resale etc.
Or
Hyundai 14hp chipper 1.5k
Hyundai stump grinder 1.3k
Logosol farmers mill 1.4k

I don't use a chipper everyday.

But the GM guy did mention a 2nd hand one for 3.5 k

Thoughts?

46 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Spoke to greenmech today,
Very friendly and helpful!
Still can't decide.
This is my thinking:
5k for a really decent chipper. Quality machine, good resale etc.
Or
Hyundai 14hp chipper 1.5k
Hyundai stump grinder 1.3k
Logosol farmers mill 1.4k

I don't use a chipper everyday.

But the GM guy did mention a 2nd hand one for 3.5 k

Thoughts?

All depends on what is going to make you the most money. If you view the hyundai kit as disposable & also having a lot of depreciation you should be fine. I bought one of their brushcutters in may last year & I'll be lucky if it sees an anniversary to be fair -  don't expect great build quality! My second hand stump grinder cost similar money & it paid for itself the 5th time it went out ? if you're spending more on hiring than 20% of the machine cost to buy -  BUY! ☺ 

1 minute ago, IVECOKID said:

Don't be put off by the Chinese GTS 1300 chippers etc , 4 years down the line and my gts1300 and it Ding Dang Dong engine going well . 

I have battered it and only just replaced the 3 drive belts and a new set of blades. 

Ste

How many days a week does it work? 

• Like 1

i had a cs100 great for its size without a doubt ( main machine is a tw230). 

However moving it isnt as easy it people make it out. and personally found the shute a PITA to move. must be a better way to secure that.

If i was buying it again id seriously consider the tracked one.

That said there is also a tracked shredder available, by Bugnought ( or something).

If your a smaller firm and do a mixture of stuff this could be a possible good route. Not cheap but then removes a lot of rakings etc from the daily equation.