Hutzl ms660 build

MattyF

35 minutes ago, billpierce said:

I've seen them on some saws and not on others....doubt it will do any harm having one on.

Worth filling the cylinder with starter cord and doing the nut up well. Just sheared the flywheel key on a saw not doing it up tight enough

Just did that, used my combi to tighten it up to the point that it needed body weight to turn (probably too tight). On the subject of too tight, just sheared my L screw on the carb ¬¬ Rather than mess around I'm going to get a new carb, recommendations for the best carb avaliable? I said all along that as stuff breaks I'm going to replace it with genuine/good quality aftermarket stuff.

I’ve followed this thread with interest,but what is clear to me is it’s just not worth bothering with. It seems a lot of hassle for a sub standard product at the end when you can buy a cheap saw for the same price and not have to assemble it first only to find it doesn’t work.  Just my opinion however. 

Edited by Sveriges
  • Like 4

Yeah, honestly if you want a decent saw, buy a decent genuine saw. I've not done this to try and be cheap, I was genuinely interested in the idea of putting a saw together and fault finding/fixing it as it breaks down to improve my knowledge of saws. I nearly have enough in my piggy bank to get a 395xp, this is just little festive project :)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mark Wileman said:

Yeah, honestly if you want a decent saw, buy a decent genuine saw. I've not done this to try and be cheap, I was genuinely interested in the idea of putting a saw together and fault finding/fixing it as it breaks down to improve my knowledge of saws. I nearly have enough in my piggy bank to get a 395xp, this is just little festive project :)

exactly right, good learning experience for not much money. Haven't used mine much yet but was impressed with its cut when i did have it out looking forward to seeing what punishment it takes before going wrong

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Wileman said:

I've had a couple of £10 Walbro replacement carbs from ebay Hong Kong sellers and honestly can't see any difference from the originals and they have both worked perfectly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peatff said:

I've had a couple of £10 Walbro replacement carbs from ebay Hong Kong sellers and honestly can't see any difference from the originals and they have both worked perfectly.

Yeah I put one on an old 200t I've got knocking around. Carb seems fine

That’s all mine is a festive project that I can burn out milling ... crank seal done , saw seems fine not entirely sure if seated the fly wheel side seal deep enough but saw starts first pull idles and revs it’s tits off ... chain brake is shocking... anti vibes feel worse than a genuine stihl ... although I’m fully aware this series of saws when in production where terrible any way, this just seems worse! Overall feels cheap n nasty but all bearings and seals rings are genuine stihl so hopefully will take the abuse of milling.