My hutzl ms361 clone saw build

dan494

6 minutes ago, Mark Wileman said:

Are you going to get someone to compression test it before trying to turn it over or just go for it? The only thing putting me off is seating the crank and not losing compression!

I'm not overly worried, plenty of sealant on there and sandpapered it as best as I could. Also now I've built it I can see how easy swapping the cylinder and piston would be (which was the point of the build for me.. getting the knowledge/ confidence to go deep into a saw) If the pot and piston go wrong can get a new one from where got the saw for under £15 delivered, or they do a big bore one to make it a 65cc saw!

Just now, dan494 said:

I'm not overly worried, plenty of sealant on there and sandpapered it as best as I could. Also now I've built it I can see how easy swapping the cylinder and piston would be (which was the point of the build for me.. getting the knowledge/ confidence to go deep into a saw) If the pot and piston go wrong can get a new one from where got the saw for under £15 delivered, or they do a big bore one to make it a 65cc saw!

:) I think I'm going to go for the 372.... as you say might just swap bits out with genuine stuff/better quality OEM stuff as it breaks/I notice it's a bit dodge.

This is absurd ! Just looked at their site and the volume n price of saws they do is astonishing . I would be realy worried if I was a manufacturer ! But once you set up a manufacturing site with modern C n C digital machines with no restrictions on base costs you can make anything with bulk production ( and cheap labour ;) ) selling direct too . K

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Khriss said:

This is absurd ! Just looked at their site and the volume n price of saws they do is astonishing . I would be realy worried if I was a manufacturer ! But once you set up a manufacturing site with modern C n C digital machines with no restrictions on base costs you can make anything with bulk production ( and cheap labour ;) ) selling direct too . K

I'm not sure I believe the numbers they show on saw kits having been sold, can't see tens of thousands of them being built in garages but who knows! The one to look for, which they tell me they are working on (trust me, I've asked!) Is a 200t kit. If those are good quality they'll dominate.. and just maybe the manufactures will start building solid  reliable saws again seeing at those are the models being sold on huztl

Edited by dan494

19 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

I'm well impressed with this Dan.

What are the instructions actually like?

They have been the weak link on nearly everything I've built since Airfix kits.

Even instructions on adjusting harness straps are crap these days.

There are none! its not technically a do it yourself kit saw, its 'complete repair parts' circumnavigate any legal issues maybe? I got hold of the workshop manual, exploded diagram and youtube vids to make it ;)