The Crypto coin thread

Rob D

1 hour ago, Rob D said:

Of course Bitcoin can be stolen same as your chipper can get stolen and any other possession can be stolen.

There is a risk there - but once you have seen the security involved you will see that risk is very small. But if you start taking short cuts and are lazy - that risk increases.

Hence do your research, understand what it is you are doing. Just like treework there is no quick way in - it will take some time and attention. Start off with small amounts until you get your eye in and are comfortable with how it all works.

Yea, see how it works, good idea if you want to speculate on the thing..   my concern is a downturn in the economy.. this money might evaporate overnight..

On the other hand it might well act as a safe haven asset.. until we see how the herd acts, I think it irresponsible to go abroad singing its praises..

its a dangerous gamble until we see evidence to the contrary..

23 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Yea, see how it works, good idea if you want to speculate on the thing..   my concern is a downturn in the economy.. this money might evaporate overnight..

On the other hand it might well act as a safe haven asset.. until we see how the herd acts, I think it irresponsible to go abroad singing its praises..

its a dangerous gamble until we see evidence to the contrary..

Hmmm... but you don't really see how it works do you! You've made a quick on the spot judegment haven't you! You have based your comments on little to no information isn't it!

It's a dangerous gamble if you don't really know what you're doing. If you gave someone a rope and harness and said go and take the top out of that big beach over there - that would be a dangerous gamble. If you advised that person, showed them how  it all worked, gave them some experience then sent them up to take the top out it would still be a gamble - but not a dangerous gamble.

'I think until we see how the herd acts?'

Is that how you would live your life - cause I'd rather forge my own path thanks very much.

And less of the 'I think it's irresponsible to go singing it's praises abroad'... come come now - I've read a lot of your posts on here remember ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So to sum up. Bitcoin is a currency, however virtually no shop takes bitcoins in payment and Bitcoin varies greatly in value over days (unlike traditional currencies).

Sorry, I just don't get it. 

I expect that this is a fad and Bitcoin will go the same way as the cabbage patch kids. I look forward to reviving this thread if/ when Bitcoin collapses in value.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matelot said:

So to sum up. Bitcoin is a currency, however virtually no shop takes bitcoins in payment and Bitcoin varies greatly in value over days (unlike traditional currencies).

I expect that this is a fad and Bitcoin will go the same way as the cabbage patch kids. I look forward to reviving this thread if/ when Bitcoin collapses in value.

It reminds me of the crazes kids go through like fidget spinners and loom bands. Most people will get bored soon 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob D said:

Hmmm... but you don't really see how it works do you! You've made a quick on the spot judegment haven't you! You have based your comments on little to no information isn't it!

It's a dangerous gamble if you don't really know what you're doing. If you gave someone a rope and harness and said go and take the top out of that big beach over there - that would be a dangerous gamble. If you advised that person, showed them how  it all worked, gave them some experience then sent them up to take the top out it would still be a gamble - but not a dangerous gamble.

'I think until we see how the herd acts?'

Is that how you would live your life - cause I'd rather forge my own path thanks very much.

And less of the 'I think it's irresponsible to go singing it's praises abroad'... come come now - I've read a lot of your posts on here remember ;)

I don't understand the mechanics of buying and selling bitcoin , but I certainly know about human behavior in a crisis..   

To whit, your million pounds worth of bitcoin can be worst jack shit if the market crashes in bitcoin... and that includes if you know everything you can know about bitcoin..

And I do forge my own life just like you thank you very much..  only I can see a scam when I see one... and speaking of scams, how is it someone comes on here bleating about bitcoin and how great it is, and within days bitcoin rockets in price?...

Perhaps because out there on the net there are thousands of scammers all doin the same thing all at the same time..  pushing up interest in bitcoin, with the hope that that interest generates sales... 

Funny that in it?...  

Now, seems to me bitcoin might be a good idea, scams to inflate its price aside.. But we won't know that till the next recession bears down on us..

Until then the juries out.. and until then its an out and out gamble having anything to do with it.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matelot said:

maybe some variant will endure, but your right about the fluctuations not being compatible with serious money. If you started a new worker on 0.05 bitcoin a week, youd have to give them a paycut each month, or go bankrupt