Whats your multione loader doing today ?

digaholedumper

2 hours ago, richy_B said:

Interesting. Is it just a case of putting the valve at '12 oclock' and filling wth water (I am inagining 75% water and 25% air for some reason).

That will take forever because of the size of the valve hole, we remove the wheels lay them flat knock them off the bead on the top side, stick the hosepipe in turn the tap on to fill the tyre with water & add the anti freeze, once the tyre is full we refit the valve then use a bead blaster to seal the bead wearing a coat & goggles , make sure the valve is at the highest point to set the tyre pressure other wise the tyre pressure gauge is filled with water + anti-freeze mix,  Good luck :thumbup1: .

10 hours ago, digaholedumper said:

That will take forever because of the size of the valve hole, we remove the wheels lay them flat knock them off the bead on the top side, stick the hosepipe in turn the tap on to fill the tyre with water & add the anti freeze, once the tyre is full we refit the valve then use a bead blaster to seal the bead wearing a coat & goggles , make sure the valve is at the highest point to set the tyre pressure other wise the tyre pressure gauge is filled with water + anti-freeze mix,  Good luck :thumbup1: .

Are they standard schrader valves rather than agricultural ones? With agricultural you just get the valve to top, remove inner and either insert thin tube with space around it to let air out or fit a hose over it with a thinner air tube in through the side of the hose, again to let air out and fill to valve. The remaining air providing the resilience. You can use calcium chloride or antifreeze  but the first rusts everything if you have a puncture and the second is bloody expensive in a large tyre. Pollution is an issue too, especially with the number of punctures I had. In practice I didn't lose many days work from ice up tyres here down south, I can see it being and issue north of Watford in the badlands.

Standard schrader valves on my 7.3s. Assume all models will be the same valves.

I'd definitely use antifreeze but as you said, down south the risk is pretty low (and my machine lives indoors overnight and is a few degrees warmer than outside).

Really? I thought it was near perfect. 2700kg trailer with 1750 kg loader. Just did the tyres 60psi all round. Adjusted tow bar so the trailer was pretty much level. Load was nose heavy by about 150kg. 1.3 metre wide machine in a 1.31 wide trailer internal width. Couldn't get much better suited in my humble opinion.

• Like 2