Stihl synthetic oil video

Steve Bullman

If its the video that I saw, the idea that switching to Synthetic chain oil will suddenly give your saws lots more power is a joke.

That test was biased. More to do with how he was using the 201 in the first and second test than anything.

Have you really noticed a difference in performance in your saws when using different contractors bar oil?

I've been using it for 3 or 4 years.

The vid doesn't prove anything, other than the operator can bog a saw when he wants to? More go from your saw? Highly dubious imo.

SynthPlus:

-Does the job it's supposed to, 

-much thinner than regular oils. Adjust the oiler or you'll run your saw dry.

-Doesn't gum up

-Relatively expensive

Actually come to think of it.

A few winters ago in Norway the 150's used to bung up and stop oiling all the time.  I put it down to the saws not being ported and therefore chain speed slightly slower and as a result not clearing the crap out of the bar.

thinking about it now, lowers temps mean thicker viscosity and harder to line the chain.  Thinner oil would lube better and avoid clogging up.

Personally I will just keep using ported saws as it isnt a problem...  plus it makes me feel more manly!

Regardless of oil used, the 200T did seem to have more grunt than the 201T. 

What I don't get, the guy said all saws with model number ending in 1 (xx1)should use SynthPlus, and as far as I'm aware they haven't really changed the oiling system from the older models, so why do they suddenly need different chain oil. 

All this video tells me is, they have either dropped the power on the new models, or made the oil pump even crappier than before. (or both).

Edited by lurkalot
Missed a bit

1 hour ago, BishBashBosh said:

I've been using it for 3 or 4 years.

The vid doesn't prove anything, other than the operator can bog a saw when he wants to? More go from your saw? Highly dubious imo.

We've seen it with our own eyes and it's on the internet, what more proof could I want ? I didn't see any proof it improves erection quality but if Marc says so it's good enough for me. A friend of mine bought a 25 litre drum and it did separate out into two distinct layers of clear and cloudy liquid in his garage when there was about a quarter left.