Thieving Scum

treefrog

i park me wagon so close up to my lockup so no one can see in when im unloading, dont want to even give the slightest flash of orange tool.

then again, im paranoid of getting cleared out again.

pan yourself in working and find yer kits been knicked by someone who cant be bothered to work as hard as you, id rather be kicked in the nitz than have my kit go again.

how much were you ad boards?

perhaps it was your competitiion, lets have a whip-around and buy him some new boards 5 times as big! that'll show the ba*%~#ds!

Edited by jonathan hall

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats just bang out of order ,it must be hard enough for you guys to get work with this economy ,then some dork comes and does that . Lets say £200 for new ones ?? Ya working for nothing the next day ,or at least very little . Its good when ya catch em at it though ,swollen goolies make funny walking :001_smile:.

I am not an Arborist ,however i have a lot of respect for the work you guys do .And it makes it harder when this stuff happens .

I make some of my living from photography.One day someone thought it would be good to take my backpack ,full of my camera gear ,worth £6.5k .So i know how it feels .

Cheers Mark

Due to the nature of this site, there is a thread about my van being nicked which was started within hours of the van going awol from outside the job.:thumbdown: the van was recovered two days later after being nicked by a 15 year old who was known to the law.:sneaky2:

My local Stihl dealer was cleaned out a couple of months back. This week, one of the knicked saws was brought in for repair by some of our 'itinerant' friends. Despite the evidence, cctv pictures, reg. numbers etc, the old bill wont take any action. Too afraid to go onto the travellers site.

About 4 years ago while doing some Crown lifting on the Limes at our local Church yard . We were asked for a business card by a guy . This does not sound strange . He was wearing Stihl chainsaw trousers and the old Stihl boots anyway my young groundie did not realised and gave him a card :confused1:

Did anything happen from it mate? I remember a lecturer at college telling me that he had a woman ring up and complain about work HE had done and it turned out that "undesireables" had been giving out HIS business cards.:thumbdown:

Seen the new Sir Micheal Caine Film, Harry Brown. He Plays Ex-Royal Marine, living on an estate who has had enough of scumbags stealing, mugging and harrassing decent folk. He takes the law into his own hands because the police (spit) wont. If only...........................

I've often thought that there is not enough use of honey traps going on: tools fitted with tracking devices and left somewhere less than secure.

Simple fact is that that they are not that keen to stop theft. Most theft is covered by insurance, so new replacements are bought.

Theft drives the economy.

It would be easy enough to stop it if they put a bit of thought and effort into it.

After posting this and chatting to a few people it does seam that it would be some other firm. All i say is that they can t be doing to well to do such a thing. Its a shame they did not just knock them over or put them to one side not nick the things. If i had turned up and they were just on the floor I would just presumed it was the wind. Luckily for me I am booked up six days a week for the next month solid so its not like they will effect me. Just out of pocket a couple of hundred pounds but this is not the first time you win some and lose some.

My main concern it that they may use them for some form of credibilty then I will be really pissed. I just hope they have been distroyed yep I am out of pocket but least no other person will be using them.