Unimog

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! Yes the chipper is going well,the off-set feed tray is a blessing and a curse.Somtimes its perfect and other times you wish it was in the middle as is normal.Getting a CH260 is definatly on the cards,this was to get us going with the mog and was less than one third the price of a CH260 so I can put up with its limitations.

We carry two chutes,short one for chipping against banks and the long for chipping into gardens/trailers/etc.

I've had to from him and they've all ben fine, the secret is to get somone in the know to look them over first and get Vos to rectify any faults before delivery.

Years ago they were awfull but i really do think they have improved now.

I had one of those roof boxes on my 1st U1000, as Marc said great for kit that isn't used reguarly. The problem is with them you need to climb onto the roof and hold one side down with your foot to close it properly.

Lee you jump on Mogs all the time but have no experience of running or owning one, gets on my t***s from time to time ;)

No experience is that right? making assumptions gets on my t*ts ALL THE TIME!

Atkinson Vos are ok if you see them for what they are :grinning-smiley-003, Simon will tell you anything especially if he doesn’t know & if you play dumb it will become amusingly apparent, they don’t do work they are paid for sometimes or try and skimp & rather than fix the little jobs that any unimog seller would normally do so they wait for the purchaser to find them, some of the guys in the workshop are very good however some of the frank/Simon ethos has rubbed off on them & some don’t even understand English! if you look on there web site they do misrepresent things like hour's/km's or what they are sold with sometimes, however given all that I would still buy one from them if it was what I was looking for & the price was right

Well i'm sorry mate, but one week you love them and would like one the next week you hate them ! Each to there own.

If you have peronal experience of Simon and Frank then great post away but if you haven't i think it's out of order to slag them off.

Atkinson Vos are ok if you see them for what they are :grinning-smiley-003, Simon will tell you anything especially if he doesn’t know & if you play dumb it will become amusingly apparent, they don’t do work they are paid for sometimes or try and skimp & rather than fix the little jobs that any unimog seller would normally do so they wait for the purchaser to find them, some of the guys in the workshop are very good however some of the frank/Simon ethos has rubbed off on them & some don’t even understand English! if you look on there web site they do misrepresent things like hour's/km's or what they are sold with sometimes, however given all that I would still buy one from them if it was what I was looking for & the price was right

Exactly I agree.

i love it

i wondered when this alex vs frank would start

Alex sources good mogs they will cost more but they have a very good repulation.

frank will find you a mog for your budget thats why they have a selection . I have heard more bad thing then good about them.

PS. I have delt with them both thanks

What sort of money do you reckon these will fetch.

Would it be worth buying to take the back off and fit a tipper body

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160210655698&refid=store

They have got to be worth a look as they are 10 minutes in the car from me. I know the yard .

i love it

i wondered when this alex vs frank would start

Alex sources good mogs they will cost more but they have a very good repulation.

frank will find you a mog for your budget thats why they have a selection . I have heard more bad thing then good about them.

PS. I have delt with them both thanks

Not sure there is much to debate,one is a merc agent,the other fits none speed rated tyres to mogs capable of 50mph+ and fits pattern parts(i heard those pattern disc's can explode) only my opinion.

My first mog came from Frank,the next two from Alex :top: