Staff issues

simonm

If a tree planter is as valuable as a climber then that's ok. It's just when people are idol and useless and want what the good blokes get makes me sick. An honest days work should be rewarded with an honest days pay no matter what you do to earn it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Arbtalk mobile app

Not sure I follow you?

Each job has a different worth, IME this generally comes down to what % of people can carry out the task and how long it took them to develop those skills.

Most people could be shown how to plant a tree in about 20minuets, climbing takes a little longer. Obviously a skilled tree planter will plant far more trees than a poor one, hence the need for piece rate :001_smile:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I think the best thing is to have a clued up accountant and different for people at different times of life

Yes, thats pretty much what I was trying to say here :001_smile:

Of cause they can, but many don't. Going Ltd is not always the best way to go, each business is different, some would benefit others wouldn't.

In what way would some not benefit? Higher accountants bill etc? Obv higher outgoings with another wage and company car etc? Owt else?

A lot of sole traders who aren't earning enough to pay or be near higher tax rate wouldn't benefit, as the increased accountancy costs etc would outweigh the saving. But people running as a business VAT reg etc it's pretty much a natural progression and make total sense.

I know climbers that are only on 10 quid an hour. Not for a groundsman no way. 75 -85 a day if they are decent and can drive fell tow use the lowering ropes ect

Sent from my SM-G935F using Arbtalk mobile app

It all falls into a sort of "scale" of things when looking some of the job ads on here, there's only a couple of quid/hr difference between ground, climb, lead climb and TO positions - and sometimes, I guess geographically adjusted, the order of hierarchy isn't as might be expected. It's a crazy old world.

Not using all the tax avoidance methods at your disposal is pretty foolish, IMO.

Tax avoidance is legal and good sense, tax evasion however is illegal and foolish, IMO.

If I may, substitute "tax avoidance" for "tax efficiency." The rules is the rules, if what you do is within the rules, and the spirit of the rules, then it's wholly appropriate to take advantage of opportunities that have been purposefully presented.

Only a fool, or a poorly informed person wouldn't.

If I may, substitute "tax avoidance" for "tax efficiency." The rules is the rules, if what you do is within the rules, and the spirit of the rules, then it's wholly appropriate to take advantage of opportunities that have been purposefully presented.

Personally I think the law should be framed in such a way that wishy washy terms such as "spirit" are not needed, it should be clear cut, black and white.

Give politicians an inch and they will take a mile, the attempted shaming of people who have acted within the law, is very wrong:thumbdown: IMO.

Edited by skyhuck

It all falls into a sort of "scale" of things when looking some of the job ads on here, there's only a couple of quid/hr difference between ground, climb, lead climb and TO positions - and sometimes, I guess geographically adjusted, the order of hierarchy isn't as might be expected. It's a crazy old world.

I agree Mr Johnson, rules is rules. Let's not complain when our NHS, Roads, blah, blah go to sh1te mind.

Mrs Egg had an operation a few weeks ago, luckily we could afford to pay for it and get it over and done with in short time. Feck the rest of 'em.

I must be lucky over and over. The guys I have helping me are all top drawer. Some very different characters for sure, but all equally awesome in their own way. I have read the 1 Minute Manager, but I wouldn't exactly say I have much in the way of people skills. I'm pretty confident I pay more than anyone else in my area and I'm pretty confident I have all the best workers available. I think the two are connected, up to a point.