jfc

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Check post #3

Bound to be feed roller not shutting or similar, again, you'd think after years of using a chipper you'd come across this issue.

Not knocking the guy (honest!) but surely just looking at the way the machine works for a while would make a diagnosis child's play.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

Seems odd to me you've been using chippers for years but cannot tell if the blades are sharp or not.

id say its more a case of not knowing how blunt is blunt enough to change them

which id say is down to personal preference and ease and cost of resharpening.

Check post #3

Bound to be feed roller not shutting or similar, again, you'd think after years of using a chipper you'd come across this issue.

Not knocking the guy (honest!) but surely just looking at the way the machine works for a while would make a diagnosis child's play.

In my best del boy voice.."fair do's michael..":biggrin:

Tbh I had very little idea how a chipper worked prior to buying one. I have come into arb straight as a climber and the company I worked for wanted me up trees getting the job done, as one of the other guys was very mechanically minded and would be the one to fix chippers. So my groundie knowledge is a bit behind my climbing.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Arbtalk mobile app

Good advice from Mick.

Spare blades and swapping out time is very cheap in the grand scheme of things. Decent tools, technique and jigs help a lot.

If you need any advice just ask on here. I've got a 125 rather than a 160, and I understand the blades are more accessible now.

As a rule if you think the blades might need changing, they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk