How much to rent your yard

simonm

Chris I dont understand the pessimism , if you have raised the game a bit and are renting a yard just up the ante a bit more and buy one. I am not saying its easy but its doable as many on here can confirm. You need to be away from houses to avoid the complaints and council intervention, they only act on complaints so out of sight and earshot is important. Its the only sort of finance that's worth having in my opinion, every penny spent on rent is the bit that's getting pissed in the wind.

Bob

Im with you on that but the only land that comes up for sale is agg grazing land and im told would be hard work to get change of use.

If i spent 30k on some land and could t use it id be miffed

Im with you on that but the only land that comes up for sale is agg grazing land and im told would be hard work to get change of use.

try emailing land agent/commercial agents ,telling them what your after & see were that takes you :001_cool:

Council just built bypass and land for sale for new industrial units through a load of green belt! when i looked into re using a piece of land that was used as a small scrap yard years gone by i was told no as its in greenbelt! Even planning solicitor said its ridiculous!

Unless you have tons of money your ******!

Council just built bypass and land for sale for new industrial units through a load of green belt! when i looked into re using a piece of land that was used as a small scrap yard years gone by i was told no as its in greenbelt! Even planning solicitor said its ridiculous!

Unless you have tons of money your ******!

Mmm, understand your frustration but others have done it, made sacrifices, taken risks financially to do it.

Mmm, understand your frustration but others have done it, made sacrifices, taken risks financially to do it.

I am willing to make sacrifices...and pay the money but if the only land available is either in built up areas, green belt or industrial that i simply cannot afford then what do you do? i spend hours on the net trawling for stuff, on google earth looking for bits then having a wander over, i have knocked on doors and offered 8 times what i know they purchased it for from land registry buy to no avail!

The most annoying thing is there is a house with 2 acres attached within 100 yards of were i live but as its in green belt i am knackered!

Soul destroying!!!

I did it, keep your head down for 10 years on agricultural land making it into a yard

Then certificate of lawful use

I did it, keep your head down for 10 years on agricultural land making it into a yard

Then certificate of lawful use

But what if you spend x amount of £££ and a load of money making it usable then you get found out and stuck with a piece that's not fit for purpose?