England Rugby

Billhook

Went to Twickenham yesterday and was slightly underwhelmed by the massive England victory. Felt sorry for Scotland who played well and tackled hard and never gave up right up to the end. The final score did not reflect their strong performance against the favourites.

All the players are so good now that there are hardly any errors. Few penalties given away near the posts and very few handling errors. It only needs a small mistake now or an unlucky bounce to make a try scoring opportunity.

All the tries were excellent but the game did not really flow.

By contrast I was on the edge of my seat watching the Wales/ Ireland game.

It was 80 minutes of full steam, great Rugby and the tackling was so brutal you wonder how those young men's bodies will stand it. Maybe they will start to introduce American football type of protection at some point.

Anyone else feel the same?

I still stand by my opinion that Scotland did a great deal of good work and that it is a bit unfair to judge them harshly when they were down to 14 men and lost a key figure with Hogg injured. They showed great spirit and determination at the end when many a side would have just given up. Joseph's tries were a piece of individual magic and impossible to defend against.

I just read John Barclay's comments on the game and I am amazed that they still could come second in the six nations!

"“It’s pretty dark at the moment but we get to finish with Italy at a sold-out Murrayfield and still have the possibility of finishing second. So there’s a lot to play for but we also have to learn some lessons.”

"

I still stand by my opinion that Scotland did a great deal of good work and that it is a bit unfair to judge them harshly when they were down to 14 men and lost a key figure with Hogg injured. They showed great spirit and determination at the end when many a side would have just given up. Joseph's tries were a piece of individual magic and impossible to defend against.

I just read John Barclay's comments on the game and I am amazed that they still could come second in the six nations!

"“It’s pretty dark at the moment but we get to finish with Italy at a sold-out Murrayfield and still have the possibility of finishing second. So there’s a lot to play for but we also have to learn some lessons.”

"

I'd agree with that bill hook, I say Scotland were poor, purely because of the circumstances they found themselves in early doors, and before kick off.

Be a bit sorry to see Vern cotter go, can't believe I'm saying all this, I'm a football man really!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I'd agree with that bill hook, I say Scotland were poor, purely because of the circumstances they found themselves in early doors, and before kick off.

Be a bit sorry to see Vern cotter go, can't believe I'm saying all this, I'm a football man really!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

What's Fern Cotton go to do with it?, or was that your accent?:001_rolleyes: