Lost spaniel

Duncansimpson

Really hope he gets home Duncan.

Just had my lab chip scanned and the chip had migrated from her scruff down to her lower chest over 9 years.

Had her re-chipped just to be on the safe side.

Definitely worth getting the chip checked annually.

Has your sister got local posters up? Can be easy reward money for the thieves, but she gets her dog back.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen an ad seeking the return of the dog today, I can't recall which publication. Dog theft is reaching ridiculous levels in Kent especially, they are stealing just about any smaller or medium breed, working dogs or otherwise. Terribly sad, the pond life who nick them can't really go much lower

Edited by Flarris
Grammar

Posters everywhere now. I think tracker idea is shutting the door after the horse has bolted. He's never wondered from the farm so we think theft is a cert and any tracker would have been removed.

Thanks for all your support

I did wonder if it was a known or suspected theft of a dog. I am not saying its not a theft but them there Spaniels can be a bit of a nightmare. A friend had a pair go missing, they were nose down together across field and gone. He was devastated and spent weeks looking for them, they were eventually found thirty five miles apart. One was hung up in a hedgerow by its collar and found by a cyclist ,the other was wandering around some stables where no one saw fit to catch or report it. It was only through his persistence he got either of them back. My father lost his best gun dog, it uncharacteristically went off one morning and disappeared, he spent days looking for it and the dog was eventually found by another dog walker living in a hedge less than a mile from home. It had gone into meltdown and had to be coaxed out by my father, tough little dogs but a bit highly strung so dont be surprised if its not found alive and well many miles from home.

Bob

Possible Bob, of course, but they seem particularly also to be a favourite target of pik.., sorry, thieves down here.

Selina Masson from the Shooting Times had her Cocker nicked a few years back. Recovered two years later, healthy but really fat!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Edited by Mark Bolam

oh bob that reminds me, three years ago i had a terrier go off, i searched for her but couldn't see her, up the road is a big field owned by a neighbor and it is not really used, i eventfully heard after going through a flooded, marsh field, by a ruin of a house after she chased a rabbit and the hole collapsed, i saved here.

so maybe she dug a hole or chased rabbits and got stuck.

the only reason i mentioned the sheep farmer thing is because there is a sheep farmer (horse) a couple miles away who is a **** for shooting dogs and poisoning pet dogs.

while he has a right to defend his livestock. there have been a lot of dogs disappeared and horse has put poisoned meat outside another mans (pat) home several time, until the horse police were. see pat has children and was worried the children could be poisoned