" personal reasons"

jose

Disgusting isn't it. Makes my blood boil.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I dont mind paying a hardworking lad a decent wage for a good days graft but as an owner operator the amount of pratting around in my own time that has to be done to keep everything legit is a piss take! Especially when some lads think its ok to do as they please!

People are getting thicker and more idle! As the government cant baby everyone the emphasis is put on employers do to everything as the employee cant be arsed!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trickle down from that could be very detrimental for some companies I can think of

Yes, we have already had the Uber case.

The thing these case don't take into account is the fact that they being paid more as self-employed. The same muppets that bring these cases will be the first to moan when as an employee they have less in their pockets :001_rolleyes:

where i work has a fairly clear policy on contacting boss if off unwell etc, does get a bit more messed up if you cant say for sure how many days you will be off for in first week until a doc signs you off.

texts are supposed to be forbidden

have to call in within 30 mins of start time, so mine at 8am means 7.30 - 8am. guess thats reasonable as boss should be on go anyway.

you are supposed to speak directly to boss, not leave voicemail etc. well that sucks if they dont get signal in house...

it kind of breaks down to communicate as best as possible, and more is better.

I tend to leave boss a text, an email and a message on office phone for estate secretary to tell him.

If i think its a day off then i do all of above, same for day 2, then i discuss with him to say i dont expect to be in day 3, ok if i just email later in day to confirm or not day 4.

i would expect any employee to at least make the same effort, takes so few mins, and if not face a not so pleasant discussion as to why not.

Big point is though i do have an understanding boss who knows if i didnt get to sleep until say 4am with back problems, last thing i want to do is set alarm for 7.30 and crawl to pc etc, or equally will tell me sometimes to take an extra day and be fit. so has to work both ways!

What the matter with Blokes thesa days can't remember a time in my younger days not having a day off to been hungover use to feel a bit ruff around 4 never had sick days my boss would of been at my door telling me to get my **** together.

Your worried about personal reasons times have changed and not for the better