Thanks to Brexit :)

matelot

• 1 month later...

The BBC, like passengers on the Titanic telling the captain theres an iceberg ahead..

Meanwhile the captain sails blithely on, safe in the knowledge the ship is unsinkable..

Except every iceberg you have been screaming about, jumping up and down with your arms in the air, has turned out to be either a figment of your imagination or a block of polystyrene :lol:

The BBC, like passengers on the Titanic telling the captain theres an iceberg ahead..

Meanwhile the captain sails blithely on, safe in the knowledge the ship is unsinkable..

We had 6 months of Project Fear from the BBC before the referendum. The BBC were proved to be talking rubbish....

How many BBC news articles have we had "selfless EU migrants prop up the NHS with their selfless devotion"? Or "poor hardworking migrants don't know if they have a future in Britain".

Has the BBC ever investigated the proportion of Big Issue sellers that are from the EU? Or have they mentioned the number of EU migrants using the NHS?

The BBC doesn't even pretend to be impartial.

I no longer trust the BBC to present news in an unbiased form....

Except every iceberg you have been screaming about, jumping up and down with your arms in the air, has turned out to be either a figment of your imagination or a block of polystyrene :lol:

The BBC are very picky when it comes to their staff, not any old numpty can get a job there..

Which brings me to Brexit, perhaps they have the sense to know what they're talking about....

Matelot

As much as I agree with you on immigration and the wrong kind of immigrant, the EU we will never see eye to eye..

I wanted Europe to do the right thing regarding immigration, not just Britain...

Europe needs a hard border from the Bosporus to the Atlantic, and on into the East...

We need to turn Europe into Trumpland...

Matelot

As much as I agree with you on immigration and the wrong kind of immigrant, the EU we will never see eye to eye..

I wanted Europe to do the right thing regarding immigration, not just Britain...

Europe needs a hard border from the Bosporus to the Atlantic, and on into the East...

We need to turn Europe into Trumpland...

So it sounds like we both agree that the EU is handling the migrant crisis woefully.. The EU have had years to get their act together ie return the migrants to Turkey/ Africa and look after them in camps there.

So why do you spend so much energy defending the EU?

Okay I'll bite.. We know a polish couple living near us, she has a baby and has a flat on the social, he is officially unemployed but works in the building trade for cash. They are sending their money home as they are building a small hotel on a plot of land they own in their home country. You can't blame the people for exploiting the status quo, just blame the system!

As said blame the system I have no doubt that there are a good number of UK born & raised folk that are taking advantage of the system, & having never had or only had a job for a short time have paid very little or no tax in their adult life.

So it sounds like we both agree that the EU is handling the migrant crisis woefully.. The EU have had years to get their act together ie return the migrants to Turkey/ Africa and look after them in camps there.

So why do you spend so much energy defending the EU?

Because, like Scotland is better off in Britain, Britain is better off in Europe..

Its just that at this moment, the political fashion is to be so politically correct by all parties that they have lost sight of those they need to protect, their own citizens first..

In time, and in the not to distant future the wind will change direction, and hopefully the new politicians will have more backbone...

Meanwhile as we wait, Britain has shot itself in the foot by leaving an institution that has helped build it back up from ruin..