Pigeon stops tree removal

scbk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it OK to kill adults but not new borns??:confused1:

Are you just nit picking now? As it's not against the law, people should have a right to hunt for food but I don't think it's right just for pleasure.

At least the older ones can defend themselves or escape. Don't see it very sporting to put birds through the chipper, ya got to be some kind of moron for that!

So no, not in my book because I'm trying to follow Buddhism & all life is precious.

Including trees ? :001_rolleyes:

Hahaha, my stress levels are through the roof this week & that made me chuckle for the first time this week so thank you :-)

I wander just how many tree hugging hippies fell trees?!

But without the saplings we'd have no trees to cut, or much oxygen for that matter

First thinnings can have both barrels though!

I went to a leylandii three times and didn't fell after a quick climb and finding a pigeon nest Everytime. Then dropped it after all the nests had vacated.

There was still another nest in the very outer reaches of the flipping tree/weed. When I dropped it.

Pigeons and collared doves now nest 365 days a year.

Farmers and those country loving folk that leave cartridges and drink cans behind blast them in the winter. They still thrive.

The reality is if you drop trees for a living, you are going to drop the abodes of living things now and again.

But deliberate caveman it's in my way, I'm cracking on with my thing attitude is what has helped mankind get this far in to the mess we are.

I find it bizzare when people tie their kills to fence line as a display of look what I've done. Before anyone starts about piecework traditions. We've moved on from chucking slops out upstairs Windows to the street. Dead things are disposed of in a more sanitary way these days as well.

Ok so I think I now need to clarify my comments some may feel i'm wrong so be it!

No i do not go round killing animals I have foxes living in my wood shed (last years young 3 of them )they seem to love the fact the sun beats down through a clear corrugated plastic roof . I feed the birds, I keep pets , I don't wish to destroy nature but i draw the line with pigeons they are vermin ! I would grind a stump if i found a rat whole near a stump I view them the same

I do not go shooting i have never been cruel to animals and as for calling me a retard .......Well I would of thought the moderators should moderate a little more

Am i missing something here?

Were they not on about taking a christmas tree down?

Not many birds of any species nest during the winter time, roost yes, possibly even in a nest, but they don't build nests.

But no pigeon will have built a nest in a christmas tree at this time of year no matter how mild it is.

So there will be no young and the pigeon will just fly offf and nest somewhere else anyway, chances are it will just be a feral anyway so ur causing zero harm or distress to the bird anyway.

As anside it would probably be illegal to shoot the pigeon in those circumstances unless it was an environmental health risk, which to be fair would probably be easy enough to argue if u really wanted too

Ok so I think I now need to clarify my comments some may feel i'm wrong so be it!

No i do not go round killing animals I have foxes living in my wood shed (last years young 3 of them )they seem to love the fact the sun beats down through a clear corrugated plastic roof . I feed the birds, I keep pets , I don't wish to destroy nature but i draw the line with pigeons they are vermin ! I would grind a stump if i found a rat whole near a stump I view them the same

I do not go shooting i have never been cruel to animals and as for calling me a retard .......Well I would of thought the moderators should moderate a little more

Think the moderators should knock you out mate . The fact is putting wildlife through chippers and stumpgrinders is unacceptable from a professional point of view and doesn't make you more of a man ..

What sort of example do you give out to members of the public reading this ?

Putting wildlife through a chipper is disgusting behaviour, no matter what the species

I know of someone who went round boasting he did that. He was intstantly fired from his job with the council, and word got round as to exactly who it was. When he started up his own company, many locals knew the story and who it was and work was not forthcoming in his direction