what mini loader

digaholedumper

Width is a key point.

For me it is not a valid comparison with machines that go through a standard gate and ones that don't.

Width and weight - easier access for domestic work and easier to transport on a fairly regular trailer behind PU / LR.

Versatility, portability, utility...

Just a personal view, and I did have Norcar in the mix when I was looking, and I have been to several demos since, but, for me, it was bigger / heavier than I thought I needed. I found it a bit more "agricultural" - now that may well be a plus point for some.

The single most important factor for me was after sales service and access to / willingness of the dealer to 'engage' when needed.

(Edit - dealer support / trust became the most important factor AFTER having reached the conclusion that the green, red and blue machines didn't have a massive difference between them - just some brand idiosyncrasies, price tweaks and spec levels. I'm not at all sure there is a great gaping chasm of price / spec / capability difference.)

Now having said that, since I am SW based, they could have offered a gold plated, diamond encrusted, Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee-Conti Grand Cru, Cote de Nuits fuelled Avant @ 50% RRP AND thrown in a titanium trailer AND a Humvee to tow it around with, but I STILL wouldn't want to do business with the area dealer.... make of that what you will!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1483991117.435539.jpg.1ba28f8ee790344e97579690d86f31ea.jpg

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe

Have been fighting myself for the last 3 or 4 weeks looking for a mini loader, the comments on this site have been both helpful & confusing, we had looked at skid steer & avant ( both of which we have used in the past ) , I had a real bug bear eating away in my mind asking me if we were missing a trick by not owning / running a mini multi loader.

We have purchaced a used Avant 520+ ( mark 1 ) today to get a feel for mini multi loader, been an older model it was not to much to pay & it will give us a chance to assess the concept of these mini loaders.

Thanks to every one who have passed comment, you have all been helpful ( one way or another ) good luck to everyone out there,

We will give an update in the coming days or weeks & let you know how the machine works, once we have used it for a bit.:001_smile:

Have been fighting myself for the last 3 or 4 weeks looking for a mini loader, the comments on this site have been both helpful & confusing, we had looked at skid steer & avant ( both of which we have used in the past ) , I had a real bug bear eating away in my mind asking me if we were missing a trick by not owning / running a mini multi loader.

We have purchaced a used Avant 520+ ( mark 1 ) today to get a feel for mini multi loader, been an older model it was not to much to pay & it will give us a chance to assess the concept of these mini loaders.

Thanks to every one who have passed comment, you have all been helpful ( one way or another ) good luck to everyone out there,

We will give an update in the coming days or weeks & let you know how the machine works, once we have used it for a bit.:001_smile:

Hope you did not pay to much as I have been offered a new Avant 420 for what I think is silly money.