Back up bridge

stihlmadasever

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right, I'll throw this out there, a million pound idea and if tefalburger are interested all rights belong to me

A harness along the lines of the old willans with no floating bridge as we know it, instead two short lengths of rope with a splice in, or dynerma sling.

You clip your main line into one an your secondary line/lanyard into the other. You know have two points of attachment, free to move in all directions left/right/up/down regardless of where the other one is, and independent of each other as if you cut one "bridge" the other is still attached.

Thoughts?

more to the point dave, why has the climber got a saw any were near his bridge, not sure were that is in the big blue book !!!!!!

As you say saw shouldnt come anywhere near the bridge, but it does say you should have a secondary anchor at all times when cutting. Most of the time most folk use the side d's.

Right, I'll throw this out there, a million pound idea and if tefalburger are interested all rights belong to me ��

A harness along the lines of the old willans with no floating bridge as we know it, instead two short lengths of rope with a splice in, or dynerma sling.

You clip your main line into one an your secondary line/lanyard into the other. You know have two points of attachment, free to move in all directions left/right/up/down regardless of where the other one is, and independent of each other as if you cut one "bridge" the other is still attached.

Thoughts?

Easier just to be more accurate in your cutting imho:001_smile:

Right, I'll throw this out there, a million pound idea and if tefalburger are interested all rights belong to me ��

Thoughts?

that will only work if

a/ yr tyd in twice

b/ yr dumb enough/stuipid enough to cut yr bridge :biggrin:

Easier just to be more accurate in your cutting imho:001_smile:

Agreed! And I would go along with the view that if you are risking cutting your bridge, you shouldn't be up a tree :)

However I'm bored and now have something.to think about, so my mind is whirring with ideas

Thoughts?

Great! So two short bridges with splices on each side of the harness.Thats surley a genuine design idea for harness developement

I didnt stipulate anything as i know what social media is like.Your comments werent helpful,i was polite in asking you too refrain from being negative.

I know im not your mate,where im from its a generic name for males in conversation.

Clearly you are offended by someone daring to ask you to stop being unhelpful.

I have been climbing for over 25 years and cannot think of a single occasion when I have ever been any where near cutting my bridge, I really cannot think of any scenario where I could be in a position where I could cut my bridge, so I'm sorry if you're not happy with my post, but I stand by it and feel its reasonable.

Edited by skyhuck