Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

If all of the Authors of the New Testament had an agenda, based on greed and corruption as you say then it didn't work out for them very well did it?

Just about all of them were killed for it. Which, incidentally they all gladly accepted. Not really the hallmark of corruption is it?

You're presuming the authors who wrote the new testament are passing on facts..

Richard Carrier. Google, utube or buy a book.. as someone who's spent years on the subject I'd suggest his theory is right on the money...

Edited by Vespasian

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did when I was younger but as I have keen interest in science I thought all this stuff about God was just made up and it didnt make any sense at all to me.

I see it as many do, something designed to try and answer questions we didnt know the answers too and to try and give people a purpose in life.

Curious. My experience is the total opposite. As I learn more about the scientific aspect of the world I am drawn consistently closer to the concept of a higher intelligence / order / spiritual notions.

Also, why on earth is everyone just disucssing Christianity, as if that is the only religion. Explore ancient religions and the old religion of Europe, for a greater understanding of what religion actually is. The criticisms of Christianity are abound, though there is a total failure of the recognition of other religions, and notably polytheistic ones. Maybe those posting here simply do not align with a monotheistic and modern religion such as Christianity.

Edited by Kveldssanger

Your presuming the authors who wrote the new testament are passing on facts..

Richard Carrier. Google, utube or buy a book.. as someone who's spent years on the subject I'd suggest his theory is right on the money...

I don't see how the bible's parables and metaphors can be construed as facts?

Perhaps my understanding of the queen's English has fallen victim to translational errors?

Jomoco

I don't see how the bible's parables and metaphors can be construed as facts?

Perhaps my understanding of the queen's English has fallen victim to translational errors?

Jomoco

Well I'm talking about the chain of events, there once was a man called ? he travelled far and wide.. during his travels he did this that and the other..

Just because it was written down don't make it true.....

As to parables, I expect the whole thing is nothing but one parable layered over another... none of it true, none of it ever happening...

Edited by Vespasian

Curious. My experience is the total opposite. As I learn more about the scientific aspect of the world I am drawn consistently closer to the concept of a higher intelligence / order / spiritual notions.

Also, why on earth is everyone just disucssing Christianity, as if that is the only religion. Explore ancient religions and the old religion of Europe, for a greater understanding of what religion actually is. The criticisms of Christianity are abound, though there is a total failure of the recognition of other religions, and notably polytheistic ones. Maybe those posting here simply do not align with a monotheistic and modern religion such as Christianity.

This is my journey.., sort of. I was raised an atheist by atheist parents.

I got into exploring spirituality by way of psychedelic substances in my youth. Probing the boundaries of consciousness, exploring eastern mysticism, etc..

I found Christianity by accident really. I certainly wasn't looking for it.

I found that it was the only religion that delivered what it said it would.

The radical transformation of my life stands as a testimony to its authenticity. Despite the fact I'm still far from perfect....

I came across this quote recently:

[1] Grant Osborne says, “The purpose of this is evangelistic, to say that what the Greeks have known only as myth has now been actualized in history…What the pagans longed for in their myths has now become true in Jesus. Therefore, the form is both deliberate and brilliant, using what in our time has been called a ‘redemptive analogy’ to present the gospel in such a way as the capture the interest and hearts of the non-Christian reader.” Grant Osborne, Revelation: Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament (Grand Rapids: Baker, 2002) p. 454.

Well I'm talking about the chain of events, there once was a man called ? he travelled far and wide.. during his travels he did this that and the other..

Just because it was written down don't make it true.....

As to parables, I expect the whole thing is nothing but one parable layered over another... none of it true, none of it ever happening...

There once was a king named Herod, that archaeological evidence proves was not a mythological character or fairytale.....

Jomoco

It's that Vesp I tell yu!

Like some wiley serpent, slitherin round, instilling doubt n discord!

I warned him!

Humanity's mortal oversight

The ease with which it's cured

Sex acting as a plebiscite

Obscuringly endured

Where the holy tree of life

Where the fruit delicious

Embedded deep within your wife

And flawed men malicious

Evicted from heavenly Eden

To wander amongst the animals

Bruising each other beseeching