Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

In some respects left leaning, but less so now than in my younger days.

I accept that the American electoral system is buggered. The sheer quantities of money that are involved beggar belief. It needs a fundamental reevaluation, and a recognition that the United States are many things, but United is not one of them.

The issue is (taking Trump's deplorable personality out of the equation) that Trump represents everything that he claims he wants to change. He claims to be in it for the little man, yet his upbringing and life could not be more different. He claims to be against free trade, yet has enjoyed this benefit all around the world. How his admission that he has paid no income tax for nearly 20 years has not disgusted the average working Joe is beyond me.

It is also interesting that looking at the electorate demographics, the two most significant attributes for voting Trump were education and religion (in most cases the completion of the first precludes the adherence to the second). The more religious and ill educated you are, the more likely you were to vote for Trump. Just as well really as neither Trump nor Pence believe in climate change and Pence is a creationist.

Just unbelievable really!

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In some respects left leaning, but less so now than in my younger days.

I accept that the American electoral system is buggered. The sheer quantities of money that are involved beggar belief. It needs a fundamental reevaluation, and a recognition that the United States are many things, but United is not one of them.

The issue is (taking Trump's deplorable personality out of the equation) that Trump represents everything that he claims he wants to change. He claims to be in it for the little man, yet his upbringing and life could not be more different. He claims to be against free trade, yet has enjoyed this benefit all around the world. How his admission that he has paid no income tax for nearly 20 years has not disgusted the average working Joe is beyond me.

It is also interesting that looking at the electorate demographics, the two most significant attributes for voting Trump were education and religion (in most cases the completion of the first precludes the adherence to the second). The more religious and ill educated you are, the more likely you were to vote for Trump. Just as well really as neither Trump nor Pence believe in climate change and Pence is a creationist.

Just unbelievable really!

True. Because what passes for "education" these days in liberal universities (and they're all liberal) is just leftist brainwashing, plain and simple. Give me an unsophisticated fundi any day over the product of modern western education (excepting the hard sciences).

Funny thing about "education" is most of the people I have known who claim to be educated, are dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to real-world matters - and that includes politics.

Of course climate change is real, its just that we, with our cars and factories, are not driving it. And if we are contributing a little bit, it doesn't matter - its going to change anyway whether or not we use fossil fuels. Just another hoax by the elites to gain control of the world economy - control the CO2 emissions means controlling crude oil and coal - that means controlling transport, manufacturing and electricity. Control those three things and you control everything. The "uneducated" understood this ruse for what it was many years ago.

Trump has removed our "mind-forged manacles" and we can now speak the truth freely, with the support of POTUS and two thirds of the United Statesians. And this is just the beginning......:001_cool:

True. Because what passes for "education" these days in liberal universities (and they're all liberal) is just leftist brainwashing, plain and simple. Give me an unsophisticated fundi any day over the product of modern western education (excepting the hard sciences).

Funny thing about "education" is most of the people I have known who claim to be educated, are dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to real-world matters - and that includes politics.

Of course climate change is real, its just that we, with our cars and factories, are not driving it. And if we are contributing a little bit, it doesn't matter - its going to change anyway whether or not we use fossil fuels. Just another hoax by the elites to gain control of the world economy - control the CO2 emissions means controlling crude oil and coal - that means controlling transport, manufacturing and electricity. Control those three things and you control everything. The "uneducated" understood this ruse for what it was many years ago.

Trump has removed our "mind-forged manacles" and we can now speak the truth freely, with the support of POTUS and two thirds of the United Statesians. And this is just the beginning......:001_cool:

My two nephews need to read this. Guess where they live! :001_rolleyes::laugh1:

Of course climate change is real, its just that we, with our cars and factories, are not driving it. And if we are contributing a little bit, it doesn't matter - its going to change anyway whether or not we use fossil fuels. Just another hoax by the elites to gain control of the world economy

You are very, very wrong. The hard sciences, which you appear to hold in high esteem are unanimous on this.

I see no issue with the BBC coverage of the election campaign.

I don't have a problem with it either - because I can see it for what it is. You mention education in a later post, all I would say is that anyone with a minimal education (or just plain CDF) should be able to see the lack of objective impartiality that is being delivered by the BBC (not exclusively.)

To put it really simply, that you seem to accept the message being delivered by the BBC as being OK, is the plainest example I can see that it is so heavily biased.

I voted for brexit and have no regrets, I just wish they would get on with it!!!

Here, here!

It needs a fundamental reevaluation, and a recognition that the United States are many things, but United is not one of them.

It is also interesting that looking at the electorate demographics, the two most significant attributes for voting Trump were education and religion (in most cases the completion of the first precludes the adherence to the second). The more religious and ill educated you are, the more likely you were to vote for Trump.

Agreed, 100%. Every minority sector expects and demands that their voice is heard, that their cause is just and that their lot is worse than anybody else's and anyone who dares to question it is a xenophobic, racist, knuckle dragging retard with a blue collar.

What's happened here is that the (fractionally) majority sector has said "enough!"

Just like the Brexiteers eh? I hope the media and the pseudo elitist self important folks that have nothing better to fall back upon than a tragic superiority complex continue to peddle that line..... It seems to be working a treat!

Here here!

So all the scientists who agree that climate change is happening and we are causing it are liars and part of the global elites big conspiracy?

You are very, very wrong. The hard sciences, which you appear to hold in high esteem are unanimous on this.

I'll bet my budgie that you are "very very wrong". I'd bet a lot more than Barry that any climate change will never be catastrophic. Judgement Day will come long before that ever will.

If you deny it's existence, you cannot hope to tackle it.

Man made climate change has been (like evolution) proved to be true beyond all reasonable doubt. I do not know how we go about fixing it, and honestly I don't think that it is truly fixable. We can however slow it's progress and maybe just stop it if we have a unified and cooperative approach to tackling it. Small minded, isolationist mentalities (even without the anti science, fundamental religious overtones) are contrary to this.

It is also interesting that looking at the electorate demographics, the two most significant attributes for voting Trump were education and religion (in most cases the completion of the first precludes the adherence to the second). The more religious and ill educated you are, the more likely you were to vote for Trump.

Ahhh, the old "anyone that never voted the way I would is ill educated" argument. Who provided that nugget of information? The same polling companies that said Clinton was bound to win?

How about I state some sweeping generalisations? How about "Clinton supporters are generally work shy chancers that milk the American taxpayer".

Electorates across the West are getting more right wing as it's becoming increasingly evident that the political Left make a mess of things. It's also evident that the Left haven't been listening to the legitimate concerns of people for decades.