Tools worthy of a mention.

aspenarb

19 hours ago, Ian Leach said:

IMG_20221227_220636_HDR.jpg

Thought I wrote something lol, half inch drive, max torque is 880nm 4 speeds which are different torque settings.  Brought it for my other half but we use it on our vehicles. Amazing bit of kit.  Charger can fit 12v-18v batteries in so looking at the other kit too.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ian Leach said:

Thought I wrote something lol, half inch drive, max torque is 880nm 4 speeds which are different torque settings.  Brought it for my other half but we use it on our vehicles. Amazing bit of kit.  Charger can fit 12v-18v batteries in so looking at the other kit too.

I was blown away when I bought that. It easily handled bolts that I'd have to switch to the 3/4" for with the Makita guns. I'd say Milwaukee are currently around 40% better than Makita for impact kit, like for like (comparing only top end models). Same with grinders. I've almost entirely switched.

What else were you thinking of getting? The M12 system has some nifty kit, but certain things you'll want to stick with M18 for.

3 hours ago, doobin said:

I was blown away when I bought that. It easily handled bolts that I'd have to switch to the 3/4" for with the Makita guns. I'd say Milwaukee are currently around 40% better than Makita for impact kit, like for like (comparing only top end models). Same with grinders. I've almost entirely switched.

What else were you thinking of getting? The M12 system has some nifty kit, but certain things you'll want to stick with M18 for.

I was thinking of changing all my drills, grinders etc with this kit slowly all 18v as I'm more on the carpentry side of things. , my other half she's doing a apprenticeship on big vechicals lorries, buses etc .  So for her 12v ratchet looks ideal for smaller spaces loads to choose from tho. My kit is DeWalt at the moment which has done me proud but getting on a bit now, so looking for a change.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ian Leach said:

I was thinking of changing all my drills, grinders etc with this kit slowly all 18v as I'm more on the carpentry side of things. , my other half she's doing a apprenticeship on big vechicals lorries, buses etc .  So for her 12v ratchet looks ideal for smaller spaces loads to choose from tho. My kit is DeWalt at the moment which has done me proud but getting on a bit now, so looking for a change.

I am pretty much exactly the same as you in this respect I have DeWalt kit that has been faultless for me . Its the very last of the Brush type motors and I was thinking of going all Milwaukee . I was told by a geezer " In the know " that there is Milwaukee and there is Milwaukee ! He said there is a range that they do for the " Screwfix " type market and the better version that you have to get from the Milwaukee site . 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I am pretty much exactly the same as you in this respect I have DeWalt kit that has been faultless for me . Its the very last of the Brush type motors and I was thinking of going all Milwaukee . I was told by a geezer " In the know " that there is Milwaukee and there is Milwaukee ! He said there is a range that they do for the " Screwfix " type market and the better version that you have to get from the Milwaukee site . 

Same will all brands. Milwaukee ’Fuel’ tools are the top end and worth every penny. 

come down my yard for a coffee, I’ve got probably 30 different Milwaukee tools. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ian Leach said:

The m12 right angle impact wrench is handy on the right job but rarely sufficient if working on heavy gear. I can’t see the attraction of a battery ratchet over a right angle impact wrench personally, unless working on cars maybe. Just naff all torque but handy to save wrist cramp once it’s loosened. 

Sounds more like she needs the 3/4” gun plus some decent sockets and impact UJ?

• Like 1

I've been repacking my milwaukees today, basically put together a 3/8th m12 box as these are what we use all the time on site on the steel work jobs I do (relative light weight prefabed units). Sockets, deep socket, batteries,  charger, nut gun and ratchet.  

Then moved the riviter and drill out of their cheaper broken box into a proper packout box. Much sturdier and room for bits/rivets.

I've also got the 90degree, 1/2 inch m12 impact driver, which is fantastic but definitely a luxury!  Along with an m18 standard 1/2 brushless nut gun, which is great but doesn't get much use as my makita is nicer, and I don't have any other m18 tools (yet!). 

I've always been a makita man but in terms of 12v and storage, milwaukee are miles ahead.

I do love a new tool😅😅👍

20221230_113450.jpg

20221230_113500.jpg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, william127 said:

I've been repacking my milwaukees today, basically put together a 3/8th m12 box as these are what we use all the time on site on the steel work jobs I do (relative light weight prefabed units). Sockets, deep socket, batteries,  charger, nut gun and ratchet.  

Then moved the riviter and drill out of their cheaper broken box into a proper packout box. Much sturdier and room for bits/rivets.

I've also got the 90degree, 1/2 inch m12 impact driver, which is fantastic but definitely a luxury!  Along with an m18 standard 1/2 brushless nut gun, which is great but doesn't get much use as my makita is nicer, and I don't have any other m18 tools (yet!). 

I've always been a makita man but in terms of 12v and storage, milwaukee are miles ahead.

I do love a new tool😅😅👍

20221230_113450.jpg

20221230_113500.jpg

My mate has just bought a riveter recons it's the best thing since sliced bread. If you shop around there cheap as well. 

Nothing like a tidy tool box to make jobs easier, sent the other day sorting all spanners in my tool box into metric and imperial groups. 

Edited by woody paul
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, woody paul said:

My mate has just bought a riveter recons it's the best thing since sliced bread. If you shop around there cheap as well. 

Nothing like a tidy tool box to make jobs easier, sent the other day sorting all spanners in my tool box into metric and imperial groups. 

That riviter is amazing- for years we've used a Gesipa (not mine) which was over 700 quid with 2 batteries! The milwaukee was 200!! Performance wise there's absolutely nothing in it, the milwaukee is more compact and pulls the rivit a fraction quicker, but you have to knock the mandrel through with your finger so a cycle is basically identical time wise. I suspect the gesipa will have a longer life, but 3 times as long?? The milwaukee is 2 and a bit years old and going strong 👍🤞 I'm a big fan of the m12 range 👍👍

Can't beat time sorting and tidying, it's the ideal activity for this time of year👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, doobin said:

The m12 right angle impact wrench is handy on the right job but rarely sufficient if working on heavy gear. I can’t see the attraction of a battery ratchet over a right angle impact wrench personally, unless working on cars maybe. Just naff all torque but handy to save wrist cramp once it’s loosened. 

Sounds more like she needs the 3/4” gun plus some decent sockets and impact UJ?

She's just brought lifetime impact sockets and impact uj, this gun kicks arse very impressed fits in awkward spaces too.

• Like 3