Safety tip #126

BobbyDee

Apologies if I'm preaching to the converted but....

if you're working alone with a saw make sure you have your mobile phone on your person and not, like me today, on the dashboard of the truck.

I had a large, very heavy log roll against my right leg on top of my boot trapping me against another immovable large, heavy log. No pain, no injury and no damage except to my pride as I was stuck - unable to move - like Zebedee in the middle of remote and isolated woods here in sunny Devon. I was thrashing about for around 10 minutes until I eventually managed to free myself by swearing lots and lots. Yes it was funny (afterwards) but it did serve as a good reminder to have the phone much closer for use in a 'proper' emergency.

Just thought it was worth a mention. :blushing:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It begs the question, of what did people do before mobile phones

Chew their leg off :blushing: Be careful in these situations depending how tight the trap was as their can be secondary complications with toxins built up in an immobilised trapped limb flooding into the bloodstream and causing heart failure. It happened to a chap I worked with who was trapped by the leg under an overturned fork truck guard. He was freed apparently unharmed and got up walking round then collapsed and died minutes later.

Chew their leg off :blushing: Be careful in these situations depending how tight the trap was as their can be secondary complications with toxins built up in an immobilised trapped limb flooding into the bloodstream and causing heart failure. It happened to a chap I worked with who was trapped by the leg under an overturned fork truck guard. He was freed apparently unharmed and got up walking round then collapsed and died minutes later.

I bet that's just cheered the op up no end.:laugh1:

No Stubby I let go of it quick-ish so as to have both hands free. I can see where you're going with that but I was limbing using my MS150 which would not have been man enough to saw me out of trouble.

Like the hat idea...will try it next time out.

Yea just wondered if you would have been in a position to cut your self out . Any way glad you weren't hurt and all is well . :001_smile: