You are not Reg Coates!

stihlmadasever

Hey all,Being the wrong side of 40(a while ago i might add),i came into climbing late in life.I do however pride myself on my professionalism,positive work ethic and attention to detail,even though i work for my local authority! and subbie to a local tree company.Our council work load recently has almost doubled and as a consequence we have had to sub contract some work out.

On friday we worked with a private company and watching these guys work took my breath away,so quick around the tree so fluent it was literally a sight too behold.

It honestly made me feel sub standard as a climber,now im no reg coates but i thought i was a pretty decent climber.

So my question is this"what are you ?

A Reg Coates or a hacker?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't quite understand the comparison you're making between Reg and a hacker.

I know what a hacker does but does Reg do something that the rest of us don't?

Edit: that's a genuine question, not a sarcastic one.

No disrespect meant to Reg either, I'm just curious as to the parameters of the comparison.

I don't quite understand the comparison you're making between Reg and a hacker.

I know what a hacker does but does Reg do something that the rest of us don't?

Edit: that's a genuine question, not a sarcastic one.

No disrespect meant to Reg either, I'm just curious as to the parameters of the comparison.

Reg is kinda regarded by some of us,cant speak for all of the guys on here,as the kind of climber us average guys aspire to be like.Hope thats cleared it up for you

Better go,i can hear stuff being sharpened!

Statistically, most of us are average climbers.

The great ones can obviously climb and work very quickly, but are always thinking 'how can we complete this job in the fastest time possible?'.

No point bombing stuff down in massive lumps for overstretched groundies to deal with (and we've all done it!).

The great ones can obviously climb and work very quickly, but are always thinking 'how can we complete this job in the fastest time possible?'.

No point bombing stuff down in massive lumps for overstretched groundies to deal with (and we've all done it!).

I only ever bomb stuff out at midday Wednesday. Mainly to celebrate its halfway through the week. 😆

Totally agree mark,In LA work the priority is always safety before productivity but the private sector is definetly productivity driven.Watching these guys go at it you can see them just knockin out tree after tree to earn as much as possible.It makes for a different class of climber when your earning per tree