Scew Type Splitters..??

Logged On

Probably, after I just watched a video of one.....

A constant 'exposed' moving part.... :thumbdown:

Wouldn't like to slip and fall onto that.....

So how are you going to do that then ? ....Are there any documented cases of people falling onto screw cone splitterrs ? Had one for as long as I can remember , never " slipped and fallen " on it .

Found one . Bloke did not slip and fall on the cone but another bloke got hit in the head with the log whilst watching and died from his injuries . Both were inexperienced having borrowed the splitter from someone else .

Edited by Stubby

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably, after I just watched a video of one.....

A constant 'exposed' moving part.... [emoji107]

Wouldn't like to slip and fall onto that.....

You've just got to make sure that the log is upright and placed so that the cone tip is just right of the center line of the log. There's a small splitting wedge below the cone hence why the need for log to be upright. The off centre is so that if the log starts to rotate it'll stop straight away. Don't wear gloves or long sleeves. They can be dangerous but need common sense.

Sent from my Alba 10" using Tapatalk

You've just got to make sure that the log is upright and placed so that the cone tip is just right of the center line of the log. There's a small splitting wedge below the cone hence why the need for log to be upright. The off centre is so that if the log starts to rotate it'll stop straight away. Don't wear gloves or long sleeves. They can be dangerous but need common sense.

This .

It's easy to say but when faced with a misshapen lump it's so easy to sucked into doing it wrong. I sold ours ASAP as it was only a matter of time before I ended up up with mangled fingers like many before.

It's easy to say but when faced with a misshapen lump it's so easy to sucked into doing it wrong. I sold ours ASAP as it was only a matter of time before I ended up up with mangled fingers like many before.

Wacked my right hand once and only once . It was then I remembered the principle of moments .

[ATTACH]213224[/ATTACH][ATTACH]213225[/ATTACH][ATTACH]213226[/ATTACH][ATTACH]213227[/ATTACH][ATTACH]213228[/ATTACH][ATTACH]213229[/ATTACH][ATTACH]213230[/ATTACH][ATTACH]213231[/ATTACH] This is the life!....morning swim

International play boy of the year ! :biggrin: