Video Rotatech vs Leading brand

Northernarbsupplies

Hi Little Al,

Thank you for your honest review. We are really sorry about the delays both from the delivery company and then us running out of those chains. Our chains are increasing in popularity at a fast rate, which is why we had run out. This is something we are working on.

We haven't heard about the jamming issue before. Please keep us updated as this is not something we want to happen.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had was the chain jamming in the cut coming to a complete stop & having to "joggle the saw to free it I don't know if this will be cured on first sharpening,

I will be having a ride out to Northern Arb for a couple of chains as soon as I have shaken this stinking cold off but I put a new Stihl chain on my 036 a while back and found this did the same as you are saying there. I just stopped the saw and pulled it out of the cut backwards then started again I think I was just being over enthusiastic. Back to the Lem Sip now :blushing:

I will be having a ride out to Northern Arb for a couple of chains as soon as I have shaken this stinking cold off but I put a new Stihl chain on my 036 a while back and found this did the same as you are saying there. I just stopped the saw and pulled it out of the cut backwards then started again I think I was just being over enthusiastic. Back to the Lem Sip now :blushing:

I didn't have to stop the saw just joggle the saw around & it freed up I have had similar problems with Oregon 91 VXL Chattering & having the chain jamb /stall in the cut this cured it's self after sharpening the chain.

Hi Little Al,

Thank you for your honest review. We are really sorry about the delays both from the delivery company and then us running out of those chains. Our chains are increasing in popularity at a fast rate, which is why we had run out. This is something we are working on.

We haven't heard about the jamming issue before. Please keep us updated as this is not something we want to happen.

I haven't looked it up but seem to remember an earlier post in this thread saying the saw had chain jamb/stall. I have had a similar problems with a couple of Oregon 91 VXL chains this was cured on sharpening

I ordered some chains for our firewood processor, they seemed to stretch the same as normal chains (I thought they were pre stretched) but they cut as well as oregon/husqvarna and cost half the price so as long as they last between sharpens I'll be buying a lot more. Ours arrived within 2 days and I ordered late at night.

Regarding the post above I assume Saturn machine knives is an old trading name as it was the same for me.

I've recently ordered some chains which arrived the next day so all fine. However the bar I ordered the day after hasn't arrived. Credit card came up Saturn machine knives instead of northern arb supplies. What's going on please Nicola.

Hi,

I am sorry for the confusion. I just wanted to confirm what 2 people have said already. Saturn Machine knives (Wood Chipper Blades, Knives,Anvils,Stump Grinding Teeth - Saturn Machine Knives) is our parent company. They manufacture and sell a wide variety of machine parts including chipper blades and stump grinders. Northern Arb is the trading name used for our shop that sells Arb gear. Both sell products under the brand Rotatech.

I hope that clears things up.

If your bar hasn't arrived, please private message me your order details and I will find out what has happened.

Best regards,

Nicola