Any interesting new processors out there?

Woodworks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old 2130 tractor, old Japa 700. £3-4k tied up in that. Can do 12 loads a day with a 2 vehicle delivery system. Bugger all this massive money, grant funded paraphernalia, you'll do a bit more wood but won't be any better off. Same with harvesting, big numbers, big headaches.

Totally agree, the only reason some people are operating this way is cos of grants and I can't see how it's sustainable (either economically or environmentally)in the long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Never made it to the show, must be more organised for the next one.

this youtube video has some interesting machines.

It's the splitter on the Pezzolato that caught my attention and the uniformed log size.

They had it at the last APF but don't think it was there this time.

I have a 360 without the infeed conveyor, do think the conveyor is worth the extra cash

Cheers

The infeed was something I added about a year ago, it makes a huge difference, you don't need to lift big split rings as high, they feed much better, and I had mine set to 400 so it will split 400 high material, you need to keep an eye out for any that lift up just before the X blade, as the top bars are also 400 ( they must give you about 40mm extra in the splitting box) but the dimension of 360 is measured from the bottom of the shcute to the underside of the first support bar, when u fit the infeed they will put a hoop which is 400, so the capacity of the machine will go up, I have no probs with mine and Defo worth the money, mine is a fold up one from fuelwood, I just gotta sort out my process now !

Old 2130 tractor, old Japa 700. £3-4k tied up in that. Can do 12 loads a day with a 2 vehicle delivery system. Bugger all this massive money, grant funded paraphernalia, you'll do a bit more wood but won't be any better off. Same with harvesting, big numbers, big headaches.

Recon your right there other than Farmi over Japa for me :thumbup1: Powered infeed, bigger capacity, tilting conveyor plus can be self powered if you want to free up the tractor.

Recon your right there other than Farmi over Japa for me :thumbup1: Powered infeed, bigger capacity, tilting conveyor plus can be self powered if you want to free up the tractor.

Now that is a very good point as I'm buying another tractor to go off winching so the 2130 can stay on the firewood. That beaten up old John Deere has done me proud; he just seems to enjoy working, bless him.

There was some impressive processors at APF. The big rabaud 600 on the Ryetec stand was good although as said a 16 way splitter just isn't enough and for £70k you would be better off with 2 small ones and some staff.

Hakki pilke have taken a lot of tajfuns ideas with the flaps to hold logs, solid backed splitter and monitoring system but I did really like their auto chain tensioning. Hopefully that catches on.

The posche firewood factory was clever but I think it's too bulky for what it is. The problem is, watching these huge machines, unless you've got huge straight logs the output isn't much higher than a decent convention processor.

In terms of production speed and design the tajfun was still the best there to me.

Agree with this having watched the big machines I will more likely run 2 tajfun in the future rather than a big processor. Watched the cord king and it was impressive how fast it cut but too messy in my opinion.

Have a friend who runs possibly the biggest firewood company in Norway and he runs 3 tajfun 400 full time and they cut a serious amount per year.

the timber I saw on the posch 600 looked like it would be better in a sawmill ? mind you imagine that think cutting big straight pop for kindling.... how many bags an hour !

You always get that at shows. Back in the real world have never had as good wood as some of the demos had, thats in 3 years of doing contract processing.