Pick-up speed limits

kevinjohnsonmbe

On a brighter note, whist looking across the range of bed storage options I found this system which seems to me to be pretty awesome in comparison to the competition:

http://decked.com/truck/

Waiting to hear back if they have a UK distributor or ship to U.K. Otherwise I might be asking Ted to take delivery and forward ship!

Just got a copy of my v5c, for my new 3litre Invincible Auto and the Mass in Service figure is 2055kg

So the Unladen Weight will be....

2055kg minus driver and tools at 75kg, minus 90% of fuel 72kg, Oil 5kg, Water 5kg and that Unladen Weight comes in at approx 1898kg

Toyota Claim Kerb Weight at 2030kg for the Vehicle (Fuel/Oil/Water) but no driver

So this is all well within the DPV Unladen Weight of a max of 2040kg

So I'm happy for 60/70/70 speed limits

Interestingly Taxation Class is Light Goods Vehicle and Body Type Light 4x4 Utility and Vehicle Category is N1 (Light Goods up to 3500kg)

I think this is a similar situation to what I described earlier.

Mind you the V5 has down as the maximum breaked weight when towing as 750 and unbreaked as 2800.

Kevin,

Check these boys out. A lot of options and well made.

http://www.hardtopsuk.com/hardtops-and-accessories/Toyota/Hilux-vigo-mk8-11/double-cab/TVD814

Spent quite a bit of time on that site Rich. I like the dog cages and I used their pricing to cross match a dealer supplied canopy. Prices were very similar but dealer supplied included fitting! I was surprised to find dealer supplied was better value.

I like the chequered plate underfloor trays (particularly the wheel arch stowages if you have gull wing doors on canopy) but the "Decked.com" version has higher load bearing and has greater water resistance if canopy is off.

I'm hoping to do "decked" floor and HT dog cage (or homemade dog cage.)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well, looks like I will be testing the theories about speed limits now

Last night at 6.30pm (dusk fast approaching) I passed a digital speed camera - tripod mounted & in a field gateway with a police operator

A ROAD and I was doing an indicated 60mph or thereabouts on the speedo, or a smidgen less - so with a 10% calibration reduction tolerance we will see what the postman brings :)

A Transit Connect was overtaking me as I passed the speed camera operator which was an interesting conundrum - no doubt he'll get done as he should have been doing 50mph

Hilux Invincible 3.0l Auto & no canopy

EU classification stated MASS in Service on v5c is 2055kg

Kerb Weight, stated by Toyota is 2030 kg

Unladen weight will be well below the 2040kg DVLA & VOSA ...,DPV ruling

The next 14 days ......place your bets gentlemen